Location: Newport Beach
Posted on: January 20, 2023
Job DescriptionHiring Immediately! Collections Specialist in
construction / industrial industry.We are looking for a full-time
Collections Specialist for a busy accounting and payroll services
company in Newport Beach. As a Collections Specialist, you will be
responsible for ensuring that we receive all necessary payments
from debtors. The duties include monitoring accounts receivable
statements to identify debts owed to their company, contacting
customers or business partners to notify them of overdue payments,
and documenting debts collected.Schedule: MON - FRI. 8:30AM - 5PM
- Monitor the companies' accounts receivable and identify overdue
- Contact customers with overdue accounts and attempt to collect
the overdue amount (or negotiate a payment plan to collect it in
- Monitor dates for mechanic's liens.
- Use credit bureau data, post office information, internet
searches, and other tools to try to locate customers who have moved
or changed phone numbers.
- Place accounts on credit hold, when necessary.
- Maintain records of contacts and attempted contacts with
delinquent account customers as well as records of any payments
collected from the customer.
- Resolve customer issues and complaints concerning billing.
- Submit regular reports on the status of unpaid accounts and any
repayment progress.We are looking for:
- Excellent communication and listening skills. Excellent
problem-solving techniques. Good critical thinking skills. Good
negotiating skills. Possesses patience and stress management.
Ability to multi-task. Ability to learn detailed processes to
effectively respond to team's questions. A team
- 3 years of Collections experience.
- Accounts Receivables + Collections is highly desired.
- Collection experience within the Construction industry is also
a plus but not required.
- Preliminaries experience is a PLUS.
- 3+ years of Microsoft Office experience.
- Must have strong organizational, analytical, and time
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred.Benefits:
- Medical insurance.
- Temp to hire position
- Growth opportunities and room for development
- $22/hr. - $24/hr.
Keywords: Coneybeare, Newport Beach , Collections Specialist, Accounting, Auditing , Newport Beach, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!