Head of Analytics Workforce Benefits
Company: Pacific Life
Location: Newport Beach
Posted on: May 20, 2023
Pacific Life is investing in bright, agile and diverse talent to contribute to our mission of innovating our business and creating a superior customer experience. We are working to establish and grow a $1B revenue, profitable business in the Workforce Benefits market, as a technology-enabled business, redefining the way employee benefits are marketed, sold, and serviced, with a core strategy centered on building and delivering new digitally-enabled customer experiences. In order to accomplish this, we're building a divisional workforce where technology, integrations, data, and analytics are core foundational competencies of our team. As the next step in standing up our business, we're actively seeking a talented and skilled professional to build, develop, and execute on our data and analytics aspirations and needs.
As the Head of Analytics, Workforce Benefits Division ('WBD"), you'll play a key role in the startup and enable the long-term growth and success of this business by working with senior leaders across the WBD to embed Analytics in our culture and throughout our business approach. You will develop the vision, strategy, and plan to build a leading-edge Analytics capability that will support the ongoing data and analytical-enablement of our innovation agenda and strategic business capabilities. You will be responsible for curating and delivering the portfolio of Analytics use cases, and delivering on business-wide analytics needs across the spectrum of reporting, business intelligence, data visualization, and advanced analytics. You will bring an agile and innovative mindset, with a focus on establishing automated and efficient processes for all analytic solutions, and leveraging contemporary data, data science, ML/AI, and associated techniques and tools. You will report to the WBD CFO, in close collaboration with the WBD's Technology team, and will partner closely with the Head of Data & Integrations, will have a customer-service orientation, providing responsive, creative, and problem-solving solutions to divisional leadership and functional stakeholders, and will partner where needed with peers across the enterprise. The preferred location for this position is on-site in Chicago, IL, Newport Beach, CA, or Omaha, NE. Will consider 100% remote for the right candidate.
How you will make an impact:
* Develop the vision, strategy, operating model, business case, and roadmap to build and deliver a leading-edge Analytics capability in the service of the WBD's business strategy, innovation agenda, and strategic business capabilities.
* Establish a process to collect, curate, prioritize and deliver a portfolio of practical Analytics use cases, with a ruthless emphasis on rapidly achieving measurable business benefits. Over time, build the annual WBD Analytics plan; driving prioritization and self-funding of strategic and tactical initiatives based on alignment with strategic, business, and financial plans.
* Deliver business-wide analytics needs across the spectrum of reporting, data visualization, business intelligence, and advanced analytics. Support and service all divisional analytical needs across all functional areas.
* Drive new sources of innovation and value for WBD by monitoring innovations in Analytics, and implementing context-driven and domain-relevant analytics
* Develop a high-performing, centralized, Analytics team including necessary talent (e.g., engineering, data scientists) to deliver high quality analytical applications and tools focused on process automation, customer experience, operational efficiency, and data monetization
The experience you will bring:
* 12+ years of experience in Analytics with progressive leadership experience in leading cross-functional teams and enterprise-wide programs. Practical and applicable relevant experience in the group insurance industry strongly preferred
* 10+ years of experience with data science and machine learning technologies, including python, R, and cloud-based solutions, as well as 10+ years of experience with a major business intelligence platform
* Experience working with large data sets, designing structure, development, implementation, and management of solutions aimed at solving complex financial problems
* Strong analytical, problem-solving, and collaboration skills
* Excellent customer-service orientation and proven ability to partner with divisional functional customers to serve stakeholder needs from a centralized team
* Experience managing multiple complex initiatives, resilient, and able to adapt in a changing environment.
* Outstanding communicator to both technical and non-technical audiences.
* Bachelor's degree in Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Finance or similar background requiring quantitative analysis; Masters or PhD preferred.
What will make you stand out:
* An existing vision of how to use Analytics to support a differentiated employee benefits offering in support of delivering both a superior customer experience and strong profitable growth, with a focus on practical solutions
* Demonstrated experience driving adoption of Analytics and value creation through business transformation, with substantiated bottom-line impact statements
* Prior experience creating standardized analytics capabilities, including methodological and modern approaches, tools, and processes
* An entrepreneurial mindset and style, including a vision of how Analytics capabilities can be built in a sequenced and self-funded manner
Base Pay Range:
The base pay range noted provides a basis to determine the appropriate offer dependent upon several factors including but not limited to geographic location, experience, skills, education and pay equity. Also, most employees are eligible for additional incentive pay.
$185,600.00 - $232,000.00 - $324,800.00
Your Benefits Start Day 1
Your wellbeing is important to Pacific Life, and we're committed to providing you with flexible benefits that you can tailor to meet your needs. Whether you are focusing on your physical, financial, emotional, or social wellbeing, we've got you covered.
* Prioritization of your health and well-being including Medical, Dental, Vision, and Wellbeing Reimbursement Account that can be used on yourself or your eligible dependents
* Generous paid time off options including: Paid Time Off, Holiday Schedules, and Financial Planning Time Off
* Paid Parental Leave as well as an Adoption Assistance Program
* Competitive 401k savings plan with company match and an additional contribution regardless of participation
Pacific Life Insurance Company is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/D/V. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at Pacific Life Insurance Company.
Keywords: Pacific Life, Newport Beach , Head of Analytics Workforce Benefits, Accounting, Auditing , Newport Beach, California
here to apply!