Medical Admin Assistant
Company: Aston Carter
Location: Newport Beach
Posted on: March 19, 2023
The Front Office Assistant performs a variety of clerical
- Support of the patient care activities ensuring even patient
flow and continuous communication within the department, referring
physician offices and organization staff.
- Interacts with patients, their family members or surrogate
decision makers, and the public courteously and according to
- Greets visitors and answers telephones.
- May collect Copays, close the Cash Drawer and prepare Month End
- Collects initial demographic and clinical patient information
and accurately enters into the medical record.
- Compiles and prepares charts.
- Assists with coordination and execution of patient scheduling
including confirmations, cancellations and rescheduling.
- Follows through with prompt communication of schedule changes
to all appropriate locations and individuals including clinical
- Maintains accurate information and utilizes various software,
including department specific programs, to schedule, enter charges,
find and scan documents, and accurately enter patient
- Ensures the patient chart has all the required paperwork prior
to the patient's procedure. As directed by medical staff orders
patient tests to be performed as needed during patient stay.
- Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook, Word, Excel,
- Clerical experience to include filing, calculator, and
telephone skills required
- Typing skills of minimum 35 WPM required
- Minimum one (1) years' medical front office or equivalent
administrative experience required Working knowledge of medical
terminology, anatomy required Two years' (2) medical front office
experience preferred Experience within an acute healthcare system
- Knowledge of healthcare database systems preferred
- Understanding of insurance procedures preferred
- Education: High School Graduate or equivalent education and
experience required. Bachelor's degree in healthcare-related field
preferred. About Aston Carter: Please Note: Scammers are posing as
Aston Carter. We'll never contact you via Gmail, Telegram, or
WhatsApp and we'll never solicit money from you. At Aston Carter,
we're dedicated to expanding career opportunities for the skilled
professionals who power our business. Our success is driven by the
talented, motivated people who join our team across a range of
positions - from recruiting, sales and delivery to corporate roles.
As part of our team, employees have the opportunity for long-term
career success, where hard work is rewarded and the potential for
growth is limitless. Established in 1997, Aston Carter is a leading
staffing and consulting firm, providing high-caliber talent and
premium services to more than 7,000 companies across North America.
Spanning four continents and more than 200 offices, we extend our
clients' capabilities by seeking solvers and delivering solutions
to address today's workforce challenges. For organizations looking
for innovative solutions shaped by critical-thinking professionals,
visit . Aston Carter is a company within Allegis Group, a global
leader in talent solutions. The company is an equal opportunity
employer and will consider all applications without regards to
race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status,
disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic
information or any characteristic protected by law. If you would
like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the
modification or adjustment of the job application process or
interviewing process due to a disability, please call or email for
other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about
this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom
of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for
questions about this position.
Keywords: Aston Carter, Newport Beach , Medical Admin Assistant, Administration, Clerical , Newport Beach, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...