Front Office Assistant
Company: Peregrine Team
Location: Newport Beach
Posted on: March 19, 2023
Peregrine Team is hiring for a Front Office Assistant in Newport
Beach, CA. This position is a full-time, contract to hire role with
full benefits and competitive pay. - - -Job Duties:
- Perform a variety of clerical duties and front office
operations in support of the patient care activities, ensuring even
patient flow and continuous communication within the Infusion
Center, referring physician offices, and organizational staff.
- Acts as a resource and provides guidance to new employees,
offering assistance and direction to less experienced team
- Aids in maintaining appropriate supply levels of printed
materials for the Infusion Center, replenishing stock as needed.
Maintains appropriate supply levels of forms required for clinical
- Registers patients, creates appointments on the EPIC schedule,
placing calls to patients who need appointment notification or
reminders, including time, date and address/directions for the
- Schedules new patients and obtains all required documentation
needed for treatment. Interfaces with Clinical Trials Department to
schedule research patients and followup appointments.
- Prints and distributes daily Nursing schedules.
- Scans documents into EPIC to provide a complete medical record.
Organizes necessary documentation from multiple sources, collates
documents and interfaces with HIMS Department to compile complete
Oncology documentation into EPIC.
- Respond appropriately to inquiries and complaints. Can
troubleshoot and problem solve independently as situations
- Completes patient pre admission information prior to day of
treatment. Refers to support service as requested by Nursing.
- Closes charts in Affinity System ensuring that process is done
in a timely manner.
- Assures all patient charges are collected at end of day.
- Scans physician, nursing and Infusion therapy documents into
EPIC System to provide a complete medical record.
- Performs other duties as assigned. -Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum two (2) years medical front office experience,
preferably within an acute healthcare system environment.
- Basic keyboarding skills at 35 WPM.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook,
Word and Excel.
- Excellent communication skills; customer focused; excellent
attention to detail; able to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines;
strong interpersonal skills; able to work in a team
- Proven ability to interface with all customer levels
(physicians, Organizational staff, insurance companies, patients
and family members).
- Working knowledge of medical terminology, plus full
understanding of medical insurance procedures. -Email your resume
to ASAP or apply here for consideration. -Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: Peregrine Team, Newport Beach , Front Office Assistant, Administration, Clerical , Newport Beach, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...