Front Office Supervisor
Company: Balboa Bay Resort & Club
Location: Newport Beach
Posted on: May 27, 2023
Balboa Bay Resort - Newport Beach, CA
Hospitality - Hotel
Responsible for assisting the Front Office Management team with the
planning, organization, development and direction of the Front Desk
and Bell staff to operate at the highest service standards as they
relate to efficiency, professionalism, accuracy, and customer
service. Builds and manages teams effectively.
Duties & Responsibilities
Primary Responsibilities/Essential Functions:
- Provides guidance and leadership to Guest Services Agents and
Bell Persons whenever necessary. Provides feedback about
performance and may be involved in the evaluation process.
- Provides feedback to management on work related issues
including those that might lead to disciplinary action.
- Makes assignments and distributes workload; manages day-to-day
workflow. Provides subject-matter expertise to co-workers. May be
assigned time-keeping authority. Provides training and coach's
- Ensure Guest Services Agents consistently review expected
arrivals in advance, check guests in/out of hotel according to
procedures, ensure accurate guest billing, and make reservations
outside of hours.
- Ensures Guest Services Agents are adhering to all established
accounting & cashiering practices including processing package
adjustments, transfers, write offs and disputes. Runs all necessary
reports and balances paperwork.
- Receives and records vouchers, credit cards, personal checks,
business checks, cash, and other forms of payment. Converts foreign
currency at current posted rates.
- Effectively deals with internal and external customers, some of
whom may require a high level of patience, tact, and diplomacy to
defuse anger. Collects accurate information and resolves conflicts.
Keeps immediate manager promptly and fully informed of any
problems, potential safety issues, or unusual situations so prompt
corrective action may be taken. Communicates with other departments
to fulfill guest needs.
- May provide concierge assistance by providing information about
services guests may require, such as dining, recreation,
entertainment, shopping, business, travel, and hotel amenities. May
assist with related reservations.
Other Responsibilities/Supportive Functions:
- Maintain the integrity of the room inventory and optimize room
revenue when blocking or rooming guests.
- Performs essential functions of Guest Services Agent as
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or
equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Two or more years of related experience and/or training in
- Requires ability to lead others in the department by mentoring
and providing training that results in staff that meets/exceeds
guest expectations and provides a high level of guest
- Must have excellent customer service/communication skills to
work with guests of various social, cultural, economic, and
educational backgrounds for the purpose of resolving
problems/complaints and providing a high level of guest
- Able to use mathematics to solve problems.
- Requires ability to use computers programmed with accounting
software to record, store, and analyze information.
- Uses logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and
weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to
problems. Requires attention to detail. Must be able to solve
problems and remain calm and alert if dealing with difficult guest,
during busy activity periods or in an emergency.
- Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand English to
understand instructions, safety rules, and communicate with
- Able to work independently with minimal guidance and as part of
- Completes all required training as scheduled.
- Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, team
members may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the
business needs of the hotel.
- Work schedules will include working on holidays, weekends, and
- Must maintain a clean and appearance and professional
Keywords: Balboa Bay Resort & Club, Newport Beach , Front Office Supervisor, Administration, Clerical , Newport Beach, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...