Medical Office Administrator (Medical Billing & Payroll)
Location: Newport Beach
Posted on: May 28, 2023
MEDICAL OFFICE ADMINISTRATOR
Curry Psychology Group is a prestigious mental health practice with
an opportunity for an experienced, organized, and exceptional
medical office administrator. This is an immediate full-time
position offering competitive pay and benefits.
- This is a full-time in-office position. (NOT remote.)
- Monday - Friday, 9:00 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
- 2+ years of administrative experience within a MEDICAL or
- Proficiency in payroll processing.
- Proficiency in employee benefits administration.
- Proficiency in medical billing (CPT codes, claims processing,
and insurance contracts).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are
- Excellent computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Word ,
Excel , Adobe pdf , and PowerPoint.
- Must successfully pass a background check
- Must be 21 years or older as required by state law
- Must complete a brief personality, writing, and computer
WHO SHOULD APPLY:
This opportunity is ideal for you if you are experienced in medical
office administration and driven to be a rock star in your role.
You are someone whose exceptional organizational skills and
positive, professional demeanor will immediately improve our daily
operations. You will become the Director's right hand and the heart
of the practice's operation. You will handle all administrative
matters including front desk reception, payroll and employee
benefits, patient billing, office management, office
communications, and general day-to-day business operations.
As a member of our team, you will be exposed to the inner workings
of a leading multispecialty mental health practice, working
alongside the accomplished clinicians and academics who make up our
close-knit team. We are looking for a smart and experienced
professional who can support our mission of providing truly
exceptional care in an equally exceptional environment.
You will be joining a team of professionals who are extremely
driven to be the best at what they do-where quality is paramount.
This position is not for everyone; we hold ourselves to a high
standard and we expect that of our Administrator. You must have an
internal drive for excellence and a commitment to the upmost
Our ideal candidate will:
- Be an organization freak
- Be good at what you do!
- LOVE being helpful
- Anticipate needs and be proactive with solutions
- Have poise, tact, and diplomacy
- Have excellent interpersonal skills and ability to engage
effectively with patients, team members, network associates,
business representatives, government officials, public figures and
- Be comfortable with a traditional, professional dress code
- Be a problem solver: Able to identify and autonomously resolve
problems quickly by gathering and analyzing information with skill
- Have positive, high-energy, "willing to do whatever it takes"
attitude and self-motivated
- Cross all" your t's and dot your I's. Organization and
attention to detail is mandatory
- Have strong scheduling and calendar management skills...
- Have strong billing background and excellent online billing
- Did we mention *attention to detail?*
- Be able to multi-task and manage time well in a fast-paced
- Have flexibility to work with last-minute changes in priority
(sort of like Gumby)
- Pinpoint problems and find creative solutions
- Move at the speed of light (we know that's not possible, but we
try to get as close as we can)
- Last but not least: Have a strong passion for helping our
- Maintain HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability
Act of 1996) standards for patient confidentiality and complete
HIPAA online training course at start of employment.
- Key Holder - Unlock office at 9:00 a.m. and complete opening
procedures (retrieve office mail from building mailbox, turn on
lights, vacuum/empty trash, tidy magazines & pillows in waiting
room, start waiting room music, stock coffee bar & beverage
- Reception - Greet patients, receive and direct calls, provide
information as needed, and coordinate with clinical staff and
director. Intelligently screen incoming calls and correspondence
(be eager to learn a lot about mental health screening and
- Administrative Assistance- Receive new patient forms and create
case files within our patient management system. Run errands as
needed to support the Director and daily operations.Maintain and
organize employee records. Assist with new employee on-boarding.
Schedule and organize monthly team meetings.
- Patient Billing- Process patient invoice charges at the end of
each workday. Monitor insurance payments and resolve claims issues
with insurance companies. Notify patients of payment obligations
and collect payments as needed.
- Payroll Processing- Manage company payroll including new
employee enrollment and updates. Maintain and disseminate the
company timesheet. Collect timesheets and calculate employee
payroll. Manage all time-off requests and track paid leave. Process
- 401k and Benefits Management- Manage employee enrollment and
benefit updates for the company 401k and health plans. Disseminate
notices and provide benefit administrators with audit information
and employment rosters.
- Point of Contact for Director - Manage phone, email, and
written business correspondence for director
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality and discretion
- Assist with projects, event planning, meetings, and other
responsibilities that come your way while meeting deadlines
- Properly edit and proofread all written correspondence
- Develop and maintain administrative processes that reduce error
and streamline office systems
- Maintain inventory of electronics, test instruments, and other
items in use
- Maintain functionality and software updates for all office
- Maintain a list of useful contacts and referrals for the
- Write and distribute email, memos, letters, faxes, and forms
among the clinical staff
- Maintain the clinical filing system
- Scan and archive closed case files according to HIPAA and
California state laws
- Maintain tidy premises throughout the day
- Restock office supplies
- Monitor office premises for maintenance issues. Research
reputable service providers and arrange service appointments as
needed (e.g., electricians, plumbers, furniture steam cleaning,
- Take out the office therapy dog once or twice during the day
and refill her water bowl
- Accept and unpack deliveries, break down and take out delivery
- Transport outgoing shipments to mailroom/shipping center next
- Organize monthly team meetings
- Assist with organization of catering and rentals for small
events (parties, staff meetings, workshops)
- Schedule networking visits with outside mental health
- Attend in-house visits, meetings, and presentations from
outside mental health organizations
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin,
gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status. The
Company will consider for employment all qualified applicants,
including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent
with the requirements of applicable federal, state and local
Keywords: Elite, Newport Beach , Medical Office Administrator (Medical Billing & Payroll), Administration, Clerical , Newport Beach, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...