Senior Cloud Engineer II
Company: Pacific Life
Location: Newport Beach
Posted on: October 19, 2020
As Senior Cloud Engineer, you will help us build the
capabilities for the organization to leverage Amazon Web Services
cloud services safely, securely, and efficiently at scale. You ll
play an integral role in the design and implementation of core
cloud infrastructure, cloud governance platforms and controls, and
the necessary automation and best-in-class tooling to support it.
If you re a business-value oriented person with proven experience
building a world-class suite of cloud-enabled capabilities, you re
exactly who we re looking for!
What You ll Do
* Collaborate with Application Developers, Cloud Engineers and
Architects to determine the appropriate Cloud Services that will
meet the business requirements.
* Configure cloud services, including establishing and/or
communicating strategies for networking (VPCs, VPCEs, Access
Points), security groups, roles and policies.
* Create runbooks and ensure the operational readiness of the
* Build operational services and solutions to ensure Cloud accounts
are secure, monitored, data is protected and systems & services are
recoverable in the event of a failure with the Cloud provider.
* Ensure security of all assets in the cloud by integrating
security best practices for shared secrets, key rotation, and other
security requirements. Work with our corporate security team to
enforce policies and deploy cloud security tools to protect and
* Work within a Scrum team to prioritize and organize work
* Ensure the end-to-end availability and performance of mission
critical services and build automation to prevent problem
recurrence; eventually automate response to all non-exceptional
* Employ scripting for CI/CD infrastructure as code pipelines and
train application owners on building Azure ADO CI/CD pipelines for
their application code
* Collaborate with other infrastructure, information security,
application and support teams, reviewing design and test plans.
Work with architects and other engineers to determine potential
gaps and alternative solutions
* Think outside the box to deliver stable, reliable, secure and
efficient solutions to drive core technology and digital
* Mentor others in the principles and best practices of
cloud-native architecture and design, implementation strategies and
software development methodologies
* Communicate complex details in a way that people can
* Serve as an expert within the organization. Interpret internal or
external business issues and recommend process, product, or service
Tech & Tools You ll Use
Scrum or Agile software development methodology, Amazon Web
Services, Ansible, Terraform, Hashicorp, JSON, Azure DevOps
Pipelines, Programming languages like Python, Java, Node.JS
Factors for Success
* 6+ years experience in an applicable cloud, infrastructure, or
software engineering role
* 3+ years hands-on experience in building cloud infrastructure or
cloud-native applications via automation, preferably in AWS.
* 3 or moreAWS certifications
* Experience with AWS services such as: EC2, EBS, EFS, S3, Glacier,
ECR, ELB, Fargate, Security Groups, ElastiCache, ALB, Auto Scaling,
IAM, Kinesis, Config, Cost Explorer, System Manager/Explorer,
Macie, SNS, SQS, VPCE, Route53, Service Catalog, Trusted Advisor,
RDS, Redshift, Cloudtrail, Cloudwatch, Cost Optimization and
* Experience with Dome9, Imperva, Azure ADO, Ansible, Hashicorp
Vault, Splunk, SonarQube, Qualys, Logic Monitor.
* Experience with Linux: CentOS, RedHat, AL2, Ubuntu and Windows
* Experience scripting using Terraform, Python, JSON and/or
Cloudformation, as well as command-line interface to at least one
major cloud service, preferably AWS CLI.
* BS in Computer Science and/or Engineering, or equivalent
experience and certifications.
Pacific Life Insurance Company is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative
Action Employer, M/F/D/V. If you are a qualified individual with a
disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an
accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use
or access our career center as a result of your disability. To
request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative
at Pacific Life Insurance Company.
Keywords: Pacific Life, Newport Beach , Senior Cloud Engineer II, Engineering , Newport Beach, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!