Sr. QA Engineer
Location: Newport Beach
Posted on: August 2, 2022
General Information Ref #: 33635 Functional Area: Technology
Employee Type: Full Time Location: Newport Beach Date published:
03-Jun-2022 About Us: We are a leading global asset management firm
with over 3,000 employees across 20 offices in 15 countries; we
help millions of investors around the world pursue their financial
goals. We hire critical thinkers. People who thrive in a
collaborative culture like ours where we solve real problems while
building the future of finance. You
- Are excited to be part of a vibrant engineering community that
values diversity, hard work, and continuous learning.
- Love solving complex real-world business problems.
- Recognize that cross-functional collaboration is a core
component of success for the team.
- Believe there are multiple ways to solve most technical
problems and are willing to debate the trade-offs.
- Have become a stronger engineer by making mistakes and learning
- Are a doer, someone who wants to grow their career and gain
experience across technologies and business functions. We
- Continuously invest in a high-performance and inclusive
culture, in which a diversity of backgrounds, experiences and
viewpoints are celebrated and valued.
- Encourage career mobility, so you can benefit from learning
different functions and technologies, and we gain the benefits of
your experience across teams.
- Run technology pro bono programs that help the non-profit
community and give our engineering community opportunities to
volunteer and participate.
- Offer education reimbursements and ongoing training in
technology, communication, and diversity & inclusion.
- Embrace knowledge sharing through lunch-and-learns, demos, and
- Consider our people to be our greatest asset-we will help you
learn what PIMCO Technology has to offer so you can participate in
activities that benefit your career while delivering impactful
technology solutions. Position Description: We are offering the
right QA Engineer the chance to join an elite technology team
within one of the world's largest asset managers building the best
of breed Quality Assurance frameworks and controls, and building
upon the best practices in the industry. - Over the coming years we
will be building a solid Testing Governance Foundation, designing
and scaling out our new services' testing framework, architectures
and components, building a New Self-Service Testing Model
ultimately replacing and converging our legacy testing tools and
platforms. You will be able to leverage your experience and be a
part of a journey to lead, modernize, bring change and build and
operate a modern Testing Platform across key verticals. An upward
trajectory of success and growth is driving demand as we bring Test
Automation to more applications and business use-cases. Duties: -
- Develop, maintain, and scale test automation scripts to support
financial applications. -
- Gather, review, and analyze end user and business requirements
from a test automation standpoint.
- Develop architecture, define objectives, and engage in
automation framework development (Java, SQL, etc.)
- Hands-on in implementation of data driven and keyword driven
frameworks using Behavior Driven Testing using Selenium, Cucumber &
TestNG frameworks, including API/end-point testing frameworks
- Experience with Cloud frameworks/ AWS preferred. -
- Conduct root-cause analysis and communicate findings to the
engineering team by reviewing configuration files, logs, and
- Analyze current software automation trends and conduct
feasibility analysis by evaluating emerging technology stacks.
- Develop technical understanding and assess technological
applicability of new tools required to shape the Next Gen Quality
Assurance (QA) initiative.
- Lead cross-functional test teams to achieve project
- Execute and monitor testing activities to ensure they are
completed as planned.
- Track, report, and verify software defects to ensure time-bound
issue resolution. -
- Execute and co-ordinate core testing activities for various
testing verticals (functional, services, load, regression, security
and performance testing). Position Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Applications,
Information Technology or related field
- 7+ years of experience of hands-on Test Automation scripting
- Utilizing Selenium, Cucumber, TestNG, Java, and Git commands to
create custom automation frameworks, and monitoring frameworks on
an on-going basis to ensure stability.
- Designing, developing and scaling test automation frameworks by
coding reusable functionalities and modules;
- Formulating optimized SQL queries to extract relevant data for
test automation; -
- Developing and executing scripts to automate functional
end-to-end testing; -
- Performing testing of software products through all phases of
software development life cycle using various testing verticals
(functional, services, regression, integration); -
- Performing back-end data validation using Relational Database
Principles and SQL on Oracle SQL Developer. Benefits: PIMCO is
committed to offering a comprehensive portfolio of employee
benefits designed to support the health and well-being of you and
your family. Benefits vary by location but may include: -
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance and travel coverage
- 401(k) (defined contribution) retirement savings, retirement
plan, pension contribution from your first day of employment
- Work/life programs such as flexible work arrangements, parental
leave and support, employee assistance plan, commuter benefits,
health club discounts, and educational/CFA certification
- Community involvement opportunities with The PIMCO Foundation
in each PIMCO office This employer is a corporate member of
myGwork - LGBTQ+ professionals, the business community for LGBTQ+
students, inclusive employers & anyone who believes in workplace
Keywords: myGwork, Newport Beach , Sr. QA Engineer, Engineering , Newport Beach, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!