Location: Newport Beach
Posted on: September 16, 2022
About Us: We are a leading global asset management firm with
over 3,000 employees across 20 offices in 15 countries; we help
millions of investors around the world pursue their financial
goals. We hire critical thinkers. People who thrive in a
collaborative culture like ours where we solve real problems while
building the future of finance. You
- Are excited to be part of a vibrant engineering community that
values diversity, hard work, and continuous learning.
- Love solving complex real-world business problems.
- Recognize that cross-functional collaboration is a core
component of success for the team.
- Believe there are multiple ways to solve most technical
problems and are willing to debate the trade-offs.
- Have become a stronger engineer by making mistakes and learning
- Are a doer, someone who wants to grow their career and gain
experience across technologies and business functions. We
- Continuously invest in a high-performance and inclusive
culture, in which a diversity of backgrounds, experiences and
viewpoints are celebrated and valued.
- Encourage career mobility, so you can benefit from learning
different functions and technologies, and we gain the benefits of
your experience across teams.
- Run technology pro bono programs that help the non-profit
community and give our engineering community opportunities to
volunteer and participate.
- Offer education reimbursements and ongoing training in
technology, communication, and diversity & inclusion.
- Embrace knowledge sharing through lunch-and-learns, demos, and
- Consider our people to be our greatest asset-we will help you
learn what PIMCO Technology has to offer so you can participate in
activities that benefit your career while delivering impactful
technology solutions. Position Description: What You Will Do: The
Network Administrator will design, deploy, and support the
following; Cisco Application Centric Infrastructure (ACI), Cisco
Nexus iOS, Catalyst iOS, Cisco SDWAN, Cisco ISE, Cisco DNA Center,
Meraki, Cisco Wireless products and networks, A10, APCON taps,
Fortinet, and Palo Alto practice for a large global financial firm,
while also working with engagement architects and internal
customers to help maintain, deploy, and troubleshoot network
infrastructure. Our Network environment includes all areas of the
data centers, local offices, and cloud based infrastructure that
incorporate conventional route/switch technologies as well as
software defined networks and other various solution offerings.
This position will be required to perform regular weekend on-call
shifts, and use various troubleshooting applications for success.
These applications primarily include Solarwinds, Extrahop,
AppViewX, Service Now, and PagerDuty. Responsibility:
- Maintain internal client relationships
- Assist internal leaders on developing solutions, guiding
towards best practice
- Identify and review opportunities and prioritize activities to
optimize network deployments
- Able to assist with initial project mobilization as needed
- Support others to achieve best in class service
- Understand business challenges and goals
- Formulate solutions based on expertise and capabilities
- Create diagrams and asset lists to better our internal
- Develop practice area collateral, offerings, and supporting
materials such as Method of Procedures (MoPs) and Standard
Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Drive development of assets and intellectual property (e.g.
playbooks, templates, etc.)
- Responsible for the implementation, support, maintenance,
management, design, and deployment of LAN/WAN using Cisco equipment
and other vendor network equipment and software
- Provides analysis, documentation, configuration, testing and
implementation of networking solutions that interface with local
and wide area networks.
- Participate in regular on-call shits that stretch throughout a
week and weekend.
- Tactfully collaborate with project teams to extrapolate
customer technical requirements and assist in generating best
practices integration, and migration plans for technology
- Provide advanced data center networking implementation, support
and troubleshooting services.
- Contribute to new business development efforts around net new
- Monitors Cisco network to maximize its performance and
troubleshoots network problems and outages, schedules upgrades and
collaborates with Cisco network architects on network
- Configures, implements and troubleshoots VPNs (Microsoft and
Cisco VPN + IPSEC, etc.).
- Identifies and deploys upgrades to network devices including
but not limited to IOS, circuits, (T1s, DS3, OC3, OC12), multi-link
frame relay, ATM IMA and MPLS. Updates routers, switches,
- Supports QOS on LAN and WAN equipment in a VoIP
- Develops disaster recovery procedures including but not limited
to developing and maintaining backups and documentation for
configuration, hardware device recovery and asset inventory.
- Cisco certified CCIE with route/switch focus.
- Education or experience equivalent to a four-year college
- Strong delivery capabilities pertaining to overall network
strategies and Cisco networking platforms.
- Consulting-relevant experience with a strong focus on Cisco
subject matter expertise
- Ability to work with and understand security based technologies
(firewalls load balancers)
- Exposure and experience with telco processes to install
services into data centers and local offices
- Requires analytical and technical skill to troubleshoot
equipment and diagnose real-time problems to resolve issues
- Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
with the ability to adapt and succeed in dynamic environments
- Strong knowledge of IP routing protocols (BGP, EIGRP, OSPF), as
well as ACI data center fabric traffic forwarding, and Endpoint
learning within a data center fabric.
- Strong knowledge of networking logical models such as vPC,
LACP, vDC's, vRF's, Spanning-Tree, FHRP, Security Zones, and
- Practices networking automation with the use of Python, REST,
Ansible and/or other tools to efficiently implement and change data
center fabric policies.
- Ability to identify major technology trends and share point of
view with leadership and internal clients in support of
- Possess the mentality to provide "white-glove" level service to
internal and external clients.
- Must be able to interact with all levels of management, and
perform well in high-pressure situations.
- Must be organized, and work within a team environment, capable
of earning trust from all levels of management and present a
professional image to internal external customers.
- Must be flexible to meet emergency deadlines that may fall
outside of normal work hours, and must be a good crisis manager and
work well under pressure.
- Must be able to organize work and manage own time to maintain
accurate records and schedules, as the position requires Skilled at
hardware programming and support for the following:
- Cisco Nexus 7k, 5k, 2k, 9k
- Catalyst 65xx, 45xx, 37xx, 35xx, 29xx Series switches.
- ACi 9k, Spine, Leaf topology
- IP, DHCP, DNS administration experience
- IDS/IPS, firewall, DMZ, VPN, TACACS Benefits: PIMCO is
committed to offering a comprehensive portfolio of employee
benefits designed to support the health and well-being of you and
your family. Benefits vary by location but may include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance and travel coverage
- 401(k) (defined contribution) retirement savings, retirement
plan, pension contribution from your first day of employment
- Work/life programs such as flexible work arrangements, parental
leave and support, employee assistance plan, commuter benefits,
health club discounts, and educational/CFA certification
- Community involvement opportunities with The PIMCO Foundation
in each PIMCO office
Keywords: PIMCO, Newport Beach , Network Engineer, Engineering , Newport Beach, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!