Company: Olympus Property
Location: Newport Beach
Posted on: April 1, 2021
Olympus Property Acq
Newport Beach, CA, USA
Description This high-profile position will be responsible to
support Olympus's current Asset Management team to drive value
across the Olympus portfolio. The position will require a deep
understanding of property level financials, budgeting processes and
other key investment driven metrics (IRR, Equity Multiple, ROC).
This function is critical to the internal real estate groups
ability to source, plan and execute the organizations real estate
activities. Reports To: VP, Finance-- Essential Functions:
- Work closely with property management and 3 rd party operating
partners to reach or exceed revenue and income goals as outlined in
the business plan.--
- Interfaces with internal and external parties, such as internal
Ops Team, 3 rd party Operating Partners, lenders, Accounting, legal
counsel and other market contacts as needed to ensure optimal value
is achieved for each asset.
- Conducts monthly financial reviews of each asset with property
management and internal partners, communicating forecasted
performance versus actual.
- Regularly reviews property performance relative to budget,
proforma, market, and portfolio, while identifying opportunities to
maximize top line revenues and to ensure appropriate cost control
measures are achieved.
- Modifies business plans based on operating results, market
dynamics, and/or changing investor objectives in conjunction with
the team. Stays abreast of current market conditions in order to
understand the competitive position of each asset in the portfolio
from a leasing and investment perspective.
- Develops recommendations to enhance value for each property and
create long-term value for residents and investors. Oversees the
progress of all capital improvement projects.
- Prepares and updates financial models in Excel for existing
assets and prospective investments, including sensitivity analyses,
various debt structures and JV partnerships.
- Continually monitors property competitive position and proposes
corrective action when a property is perceived to be in decline, as
well as conveys the rationale behind any decisions that are made in
a clear and concise manner.
- Provides market feedback and recommendations to internal teams
and prepares/distributes any ad-hoc investor, partner, or executive
- Performs any other duties as assigned. Skills/Education:
- Education: Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Business
Management or Economics. MBA or a Master's in real estate
- 4-6 years of Real Estate experience, with prior experience in
Investment Banking, Private Equity or GP background. A minimum of 2
years in asset management.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications,
including MS Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point, Publisher, as well
as proficiency in Internet research.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills
including financial analysis, statistical analysis and business
- Project management skills including organizing, multitasking,
and budget reconciliation.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including
ability to communicate and interact with personnel at all levels
throughout the organization; possesses good interpersonal skills;
team management skills including participation, engages on
difficult issues, and effectively influences non-direct
- Ability to travel 10-15% annually. Diversity is a critical
component in Olympus Property's success model. Olympus Property is
an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin,
protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation,
gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information,
or any other characteristic protected by law. Qualifications
Behaviors Required Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given
task with all details necessary to get the task done well Loyal:
Shows firm and constant support to a cause Leader: Inspires
teammates to follow them Innovative: Consistently introduces new
ideas and demonstrates original thinking Dedicated: Devoted to a
task or purpose with loyalty or integrity Preferred Thought
Provoking: Capable of making others think deeply on a subject
Motivations Required Work-Life Balance: Inspired to perform well by
having ample time to pursue work and interests outside of work
Ability to Make an Impact: Inspired to perform well by the ability
to contribute to the success of a project or the organization Goal
Completion: Inspired to perform well by the completion of tasks
Self-Starter: Inspired to perform without outside help Preferred
Entrepreneurial Spirit: Inspired to perform well by an ability to
drive new ventures within the business
Keywords: Olympus Property, Newport Beach , Asset Manager, Executive , Newport Beach, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!