DIRECTOR, REAL ESTATE PRIVATE EQUITY - FUND MANAGEMENT
Location: Newport Beach
Posted on: April 3, 2021
The Professionals' Choice for Real Estate Jobs DIRECTOR, REAL
ESTATE PRIVATE EQUITY - FUND MANAGEMENT Newport Real Estate
Partners ("NREP") is the real estate private equity arm of Newport
Private Group. NREP focuses on value-add and opportunistic real
estate strategies through equity and debt investments where
complexity, underwriting expertise and hands on asset management
provide the opportunity to generate attractive risk-adjusted
returns for investors.
Newport Real Estate Partners is founded by seasoned real estate
operators and investment professionals with extensive experience in
real estate development and operations, project and investment
management, as well as real estate private equity. NREP's team
structure reflects our belief that successful real estate investing
across cycles requires a local market presence, granular asset
level knowledge and expertise in operating as well as
This position offers the candidate the opportunity to work directly
with the Partners of our equity funds. Reporting directly to, and
working closely with the Partners, you will be exposed to our
diverse network of businesses and operations and will have the
opportunity to grow and diversify along with our businesses. The
successful candidate will be able to assist with the management of
the fund, work directly with the Partners and the origination,
underwriting and asset management team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Drive the fund accounting team in the preparation of the funds'
periodic Net Asset Value calculation and year-end financial
statements, management of the audit, and reviewing other fund
- Lead cash management of fund, including reviewing and
overseeing all capital calls, distributions, management fee calcs,
and water fall allocations.
- Review Variance analysis, trial balance, P&L analysis,
forecasts, financial models, and investment research.
- Manage and work with CPA on all aspects of tax preparations,
filings, fees for the fund.
- Review processes and look to improve efficiency where
- Organize weekly investment committee meeting focused on Fund
Accounting and Finance Teams performance, along with being a key
decision maker on fund investments.
- Pinpoint strategic partnership requirements and new engagements
in private equity funds.
- Obtain and maintain necessary insurance at the project level
and at the fund level.
- Lead the asset management team to develop quarterly investor
updates and ensure investments are progressing according to
- Deal disposition - negotiate and execute the dispositions of
portfolio investments. ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EDUCATION:
- 10+ years of experience in real estate asset management
(preferably in fund houses, fund administrators or the Big 4
- Proven track record of growing businesses as CFO, COO and / or
VP of Finance
- Experience in month end close, regular reporting requirements
and financial modeling.
- Ability to be flexible and highly responsive to investor needs
- Strong academic credentials from a top tier school with an
understanding of the fundamentals of real estate valuation,
finance, and accounting. Familiarity with property-level due
diligence, real estate law and construction is a plus.
- CPA, MBA, MRED or CFA preferred.
- Strong work ethic and highest ethical standards.
- Ability to maintain a high level of organization, quality, and
attention to detail in a fast-paced work environment.
- Ability to compose materials such as detailed reports,
executive summaries, and dashboard reports.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Keywords: SelectLeaders, Newport Beach , DIRECTOR, REAL ESTATE PRIVATE EQUITY - FUND MANAGEMENT, Executive , Newport Beach, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!