Assistant Vice President, Development
Company: Corus Entertainment
Location: Newport Beach
Posted on: April 4, 2021
Black Creek Group is a leading real estate investment management
firm that has bought or built over $23 billion of investments
throughout its more than 25-year history. The firm manages diverse
investment offerings across the spectrum of commercial real estate
- including office, industrial, retail and multifamily - providing
a range of investment solutions for both institutional and wealth
management channels. Black Creek Group has seven offices across the
United States with approximately 300 professionals and is a place
for people who are driven to achieve, are never content with the
status quo and who value collaboration and communication. We
believe that if you love your job, it doesn't feel like work. To
learn more about us, please visit our website at
www.blackcreekgroup.com or our LinkedIn Page at
Overview The Newport Beach office focuses on industrial
acquisitions, development, and asset management for various funds.
This AVP, Development will be a key player in helping to manage and
execute development functions and projects for Black Creek Group's
West Coast portfolio. This leader will be "boots on the ground"
partnering with both internal and external development management
teams and overseeing Project Managers, Coordinators, Contractors,
Architects, Engineers, and Consultants on assigned projects
throughout the territory. In addition, this AVP will support the
Senior Vice President of Development, West and the Acquisitions
team on development opportunities and will be responsible for
entitlement analysis and procurement. He/she will have oversight of
third-party Development Managers and will also be responsible for
directing Design Consultants, contract preparation and management,
project scheduling, and document and budget management. The AVP,
Development will also collaborate with other key members on land
acquisitions, legal, finance, due diligence, and budgeting new
development and redevelopments.
- Assist the Acquisitions team in sourcing development
- Assist team in site and building design, layout, and
- Work with all municipal and government agencies to obtain
necessary development entitlements
- Assist with the initial land purchase, structuring,
documenting, due diligence, and closing.
- Select and contract for development management team.
- Oversight of the selected Development Manager, Architects,
Civil Engineer, and other professional team members
- Oversee and manage third party service providers.
- Assist in the production of the Investment Committee and Board
Memos including due diligence review of plans and specs, geotech,
environmental traffic studies, entitlements, and cost
- Manage all contracts and other required documents.
- Organize, review, and approve all plans and
- Create and manage milestone schedules for entitlement and
- Ensure all pre-construction requirements are in place such as
the construction loan, insurance, bonds, notice of completion, and
notice to proceed.
- Attend design meetings and job site meetings.
- Work with title and municipalities to process easements,
dedications, maps, and other various land instruments.
- Manage all budgets and proformas.
- Review and approve the draw requests.
- Review and approve onsite performance of construction quality,
schedule adherence, and design conformity.
- Review and approve all changes in the scope of work.
- Interface with all internal departments for integration of
project into the system such as Acquisitions, Accounting, Finance,
Legal, Due Diligence, and Asset Management
- Manage the transition of completed projects to Asset
- Manage the closing of all projects including securing all
required closing deliverables such as architects notice of
substantial completion, final payments, unconditional lien waivers,
certificate of occupancy's, and all other completion and closing
- Assist with warrantee issues. Required Knowledge, Skills and
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience in real estate development or
construction management. Ideal candidate will be an experienced and
proven project management professional with an established track
record of success; experience with CEQA is a plus.
- Experience in concrete tilt-up industrial product is
- Knowledge of local and national building codes and processes
that affect design and construction required.
- Demonstrated leadership, coaching, and mentoring
- Ability to motivate, mentor, and communicate well with
employees, customers, and other outside contacts.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Microsoft Project; or other
- Experience in ACAD, Bluebeam, or drawing software
- Confidence to work independently yet within a highly
- Excellent technical, analytical, organizational, and
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in
strategic planning, resource allocation, and coordination of people
- Excellent organizational skills including strong follow-through
and multi-tasking skills within a fast-paced environment.--
Keywords: Corus Entertainment, Newport Beach , Assistant Vice President, Development, Executive , Newport Beach, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!