Location: Newport Beach
Posted on: April 5, 2021
The Professionals' Choice for Real Estate Jobs Company and Role
Overview: A Southern California-based owner, operator, and
developer of residential and commercial properties is seeking a
Director to join their Investment management team. Waterford
Property Company is an owner-driven diversified real estate
investment and development company whose Principals have an
established track record in land development and entitlements as
well as acquisitions and repositioning of commercial and
multifamily properties. The company has collectively acquired or
managed over $1.2 Billion in projects throughout California and
Arizona. Waterford prides itself on its ability to
plan/build/reposition unique real estate projects that meet or
exceed the needs and desires of local stakeholders while maximizing
the risk-adjusted returns for our investors. The Director will be
focused on all business lines within the Firm. The ideal candidate
has a bachelor's degree in addition to at least 3-5 years of
experience preferably within an institutional real estate fund or
an institutionally backed sponsor.-- Position Summary:
- Independently lead and prepare financial models, projections,
and analyses on prospective property acquisition and development
opportunities including market analysis, lease analysis, budget
creation, project scope, and return on investment modeling.
- Produce deal evaluations for internal review and participate
with principals in meetings to consider potential acquisition and
development opportunities with minimal oversight.
- Lead the preparation of acquisition proposals and offer
- Research market data/demographics including interfacing with
brokers to obtain comparable lease and sales information as well as
debt capital market insights.
- Produce marketing materials and presentations to current and
prospective institutional investors and lenders.
- Lead due diligence and closing activities.--
- Assist in formulating deal structures taking into account
legal, financial, real estate, and investor/capital aspects of the
- Lead preparation of internal and external presentations.
- Work on special projects as assigned. Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree required with a concentration in real estate,
finance, business, or accounting.
- At least 3-5 years of professional experience working within an
institutional real estate fund or an institutionally backed sponsor
is preferred with a demonstrated deal sheet across property types
and geographic regions. Ground-up development experience a
- Well-versed in Microsoft Office Suite with an emphasis on
Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Outstanding proficiency in creating complex financial models
for real estate financial analysis using Excel and Argus, including
knowledge of advanced Excel functions and ability to create joint
venture waterfalls. Excellent writing skills and investment
- Strong analytical, quantitative, and communication skills.
Demonstrable understanding of financial statements, use of
comparative data and financial forecasting is required.
- Ability to work in a challenging, fast-paced environment and
handle multiple projects at the same time including travel on an
as-need basis. Accuracy and attention to detail is critical.
- Willing to question assumptions, demonstrated passion for
continuing education, and has a strong interest in the built
environment. Integrity and collaboration are key.
- Competitive Salary with Bonus potential
- Healthcare Benefits will be offered
- Hours: M-F 8am to 5pm
- Location: Work will take place mostly from our Newport Beach
office but with the ability to work from home when needed
- Timing: Immediate Waterford Property Partners is proud to be an
Equal Opportunity Employer. Waterford Property Partners does not
discriminate for any reason on the basis of race, color, religion,
sec, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or any
other status protected under federal, state, or local law. Please
enter your email to view real estate's premier jobs! (We only ask
you to do this once per device)
Keywords: SelectLeaders, Newport Beach , Director, Executive , Newport Beach, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!