Identity and Access Management Leader
Company: Pacific Life
Location: Newport Beach
Posted on: April 5, 2021
Job Description: Pacific Life is looking to enhance our Identity
and Access Management (IdAM) Program. To support that effort, we
are looking for an experienced IdAM Leader who will be responsible
for the enterprise-wide management of PL's identity and access
management requirements and standards. This key role will require
extensive experience in SailPoint, CyberArk or equivalent
technologies and with implementing critical controls across a
diverse application portfolio. The ideal candidate will be a
self-motivated and detail-oriented rockstar who has extensive
experience leading and transforming a new IdAM practice at a
Fortune 500 company. This role has high visibility across the
enterprise and the selected leader will have exposure to C-Suite
executives, creating an opportunity to make significant and
immediate impact within the IT department. Responsibilities:
- Responsible for managing the overall IdAM program ensuring the
team meets its operational objectives.
- Leading the team charged with architecting, configuring, and
maintaining IdAM services to support the connectivity needs and
account security of the Enterprise.
- Responsible for forging the go forward strategy and ongoing
operation and support of the organization's IdAM services.
- Leads the IdAM team to establish a roadmap for the
implementation of a modern Identity and Access Management
- Responsible for continuous improvement of IdAM policies,
procedures and technology.
- Ensure developed solutions align with PL's IdAM and information
security policies, goals, and standards.
- Stay current with access management industry, technology and
- Single point of contact for all IdAM related escalations and
- Serve as Service Owner for Enterprise IdAM/IAM Services
- Develop and manage budget for IdAM/IAM services
- Oversee operational support of IdAM/IAM services.
- Provide technical leadership to the IdAM/IAM team
- Responsible for managing the IdAM platform (tools and
- Provide hands-on systems design and architecture leadership for
the Identity and Access Management strategy
- Support vendor audit activities including presenting audit
result findings to executives
- Closely manage and prioritize all third-party off-shore
development team deliverables
- Ensure technical competency of third-party partners
- Understand and be able to communicate Departmental Strategic
Goals to C-Suite executives, including COO, CIO and CISO.
- Execute against approved daily, weekly, monthly and annual
plans and keep leadership and business partners informed of work
- Schedule and oversee regular (at least annually) disaster
recovery testing of IdAM platforms
- Accountable for the operational stability and sustainability of
- Architect and provide operational oversight for monitoring of
IdAM/IAM platforms and services. Factors for Success:
- Demonstrated experience leading Enterprise IdAM teams, tools
and services in a 24/7 matrixed environment with multiple discreet
lines of business.
- Thorough technical understanding of IdAM technologies,
services, and components, with practical design, implementation,
and operations experience at an Enterprise scale.
- Extensive experience defining, developing and implementing IdAM
standards, policies, KRI/KPIs, process and procedures.
- Deep technical knowledge of SailPoint IIQ. Experience with
other IGA tools is a plus.
- Deep technical knowledge of CyberArk Core PAS. Experience with
other PAM tools is a plus.
- Strong technical experience with authentication architecture
and implementation, including SSO, MFA, federation, including
innovative modern authentication concepts such as password-less,
step-up, and adaptive behavioral
- Strong experience with Microsoft Active Directory and Azure
Active Directory, including utilizing these technologies for
authorization and authentication. Technical expertise in other
computing and cloud platforms, such as Linux/Unix, Mainframe
(RACF), AWS, etc. desired.
- Experience managing vendor service delivery and relationships
for IdAM services, including onshore and offshore resources .
- Experience with Automated testing tools, Azure DevOps or other
development lifecycle apps, familiarity with the Agile methodology.
Education and Training
- Minimum of 10 years of IdAM leadership experience at an
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science; or 15+ years of
equivalent experience. Advanced degree preferred.
- The following certifications are desirable, but not mandatory:
- ITIL v3 or v4 Foundations
- PMP#LI-JB1How We Help You Succeed: We're fostering a culture of
shared values across our company by providing generous compensation
and comprehensive benefits that allow our employees to find
fulfillment and security in personal life and career alike. These
- Competitive Salary and Benefits
- Work-Life Balance & Flexible Scheduling
- Medical, dental, and vision as part our commitment to investing
in the health and wellbeing of our employees
- Two retirement savings plans: 401k savings plan with company
match and Company Retirement Contribution (company-paid)
- Generous PTO and holiday pay
- Warm Colleagues & Inspiring CultureEEO Statement: Pacific Life
Insurance Company is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action
Employer, M/F/D/V. If you are a qualified individual with a
disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an
accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use
or access our career center as a result of your disability. To
request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative
at Pacific Life Insurance Company.
Keywords: Pacific Life, Newport Beach , Identity and Access Management Leader, Executive , Newport Beach, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!