This is a General Manager position.
* Plan, direct, or coordinate activities of an organization or
department that serves food and beverages.
* Test cooked food by tasting and smelling it to ensure
palatability and flavor conformity.
* Investigate and resolve complaints regarding food quality,
service, or accommodations.
* Schedule and receive food and beverage deliveries, checking
delivery contents to verify product quality and quantity.
* Monitor food preparation methods, portion sizes, and garnishing
and presentation of food to ensure that food is prepared and
presented in an acceptable manner.
* Monitor budgets and payroll records, and review financial
transactions to ensure that expenditures are authorized and
* Schedule staff hours and assign duties.
* Monitor compliance with health and fire regulations regarding
food preparation and serving, and building maintenance in lodging
and dining facilities.
* Coordinate assignments of cooking personnel to ensure economical
use of food and timely preparation.
* Keep records required by government agencies regarding
sanitation, and food subsidies when appropriate.
* Establish standards for personnel performance and customer
* Estimate food, liquor, wine, and other beverage consumption to
anticipate amounts to be purchased or requisitioned.
* Review work procedures and operational problems to determine ways
to improve service, performance, or safety.
* Perform some food preparation or service tasks such as cooking,
clearing tables, and serving food and drinks when necessary.
* Maintain food and equipment inventories, and keep inventory
* Organize and direct worker training programs, resolve personnel
problems, hire new staff, and evaluate employee performance in
dining and lodging facilities.
* Order and purchase equipment and supplies.
* Review menus and analyze recipes to determine labor and overhead
costs, and assign prices to menu items.
* Record the number, type, and cost of items sold to determine
which items may be unpopular or less profitable.
* Assess staffing needs, and recruit staff using methods such as
newspaper advertisements or attendance at job fairs.
* Monitor employee and patron activities to ensure liquor
regulations are obeyed.
* Arrange for equipment maintenance and repairs, and coordinate a
variety of services such as waste removal and pest