Mortgage Underwriting Manager
Company: Excelerate Capital
Location: Newport Beach
Posted on: April 10, 2021
Summary:A Mortgage Underwriting Manager will underwrite
residential loans ensuring compliance with appropriate company and
secondary market investor standards. The Underwriter will be
responsible for examining loan documentation, related to credit,
income including complex financial, assets and collateral for
eligibility, accuracy and completeness ensuring compliance with
FHA, VA, Fannie Mae & Freddie Mac guidelines. Will be working with
loan originators or production staff to secure all required
documents. This position will work with more senior underwriters on
loan exceptions. Has the authority to withdraw and decline loans.
May be involved in one or several types of mortgage lending
(conventional, government-backed, etc...) This job code includes
all levels of underwriting authority.Responsibilities:
- As a Mortgage Underwriter you will be responsible for but not
limited to the underwriting of residential loans ensuring
compliance with appropriate company and secondary market investor
- Maintain underwriting turn times and provide exceptional
customer service both internally and externally.
- Capable of working in a fast-paced environment, under pressure
and meet time-sensitive deadlines, all while maintaining a high
level of professionalism.
- Ability to work independently, analyze data, take and recommend
appropriate action with minimal supervision.
- A Mortgage Underwriter will be responsible for examining loan
documentations for accuracy and completeness while working with
loan originator or production staff to secure all required
- You may be required to work with more senior mortgage
underwriters on loan exceptions having the authority to withdraw
and decline loans.
- Mortgage Underwriters may be involved in one or several types
of mortgage lending (conventional, government-backed, etc.)
- You may also be required to respond directly to individual and
- This job code includes all levels of underwriting authority and
some exception levels.Required Skills:
- Strong analytical skills
- Previous experience as a Mortgage Underwriter with DE and
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Must have excellent problem-solving skills
- Thorough understanding of credit and an ability to review
complex financial documents
- Ability to assess an individual's creditworthiness while
adhering to all regulatory and compliance requirements
- Ability to make credit recommendations
- Commitment to teamwork
- Ability to meet production, quality, and service standards
along with providing direct coaching and feedback to ensure
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high volume environment, while
practicing sound lending judgment
- The associate must have 5 years' experience as a mortgage
underwriter and be able to think outside of the box to obtain the
required information on a retro basis.
- They must be able to assess the information obtained and
determine if it validates the information used to qualify the
borrower at the time of modification offer.
- The employee must be able to work independently producing
results in a timely manner.
- They must have a strong understanding of the various
documentation types, loan programs as well as the overall general
- Must possess strong organization skills.
- Must have a working knowledge of computer applications.
- Loss mitigation experience a plus.
- Underwriting certifications a plus but not required.
- Secondary market experience a plus
- Knowledge of Lending QB a plusCompensation: Based On
Benefits!Dental InsuranceFlexible ScheduleHealth InsurancePaid Time
About Excelerate Capital!Welcome to Excelerate Capital, the
innovator in NONQM lending. We have one goal and one goal only. To
provide a world class experience in mortgage lending. To fulfill
that lofty goal, we committed to providing: a wide array of loan
products, flexible and common-sense underwriting guidelines,
competitive pricing, and excellent customer service.Excelerate
Capital is the trusted name in providing expanded loan products for
every stop of our clients' lives. As a leader in wholesale and
alternative lending, our mission is to provide our clients the
certainty and assurance of a reliable solution fit their unique
needs. Our corporate President often says, "our employees are our
most important customers," so are you interested in being a part of
a dynamic organization that is redefining an industry? Here at
Excelerate Capital, we are experiencing growth and continue to look
for experienced Loan Officers and Account Executives to help us
reach our greatest potential. Come join our team in Newport Beach
to help reshape the residential lending landscape and make products
that affect millions nationwide.Visit us on!Company Website:
Facebook: Instagram: Linkedin:
- 4000 MacArthur Blvd #800, Newport Beach, CA 92660
Keywords: Excelerate Capital, Newport Beach , Mortgage Underwriting Manager, Executive , Newport Beach, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!