Financial Due Diligence Manager
Company: Grant Thornton LLP (US)
Location: Newport Beach
Posted on: July 30, 2022
Grant Thornton's Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A) practice is
focused globally on middle-market transactions, serving dynamic
organizations with experienced professionals who bring a full range
of advisory services to validate, optimize and create value. Our
M&A practice is comprised of several integrated capabilities
that support our clients' needs throughout the transaction
lifecycle. By joining the Grant Thornton Financial Due Diligence
team, you can immediately contribute to the mutual success of our
team and our clients by being a key member of the engagement team.
Specifically, the Financial Due Diligence Manager is responsible
for overseeing all phases of project and engagement management for
multiple clients in a wide variety of industries. Responsibilities
include planning, directing, and completing projects and services
in financial due diligence and developing and managing staff. The
Financial Due Diligence Manager works closely with partners and
staff and plays a key role in client management, practice
development, and business development for an assigned group of
clients. Your day-to-day may include:
- Manage financial due diligence professionals on buy-side and
sell-side transactions for our client base which includes corporate
clients, private equity groups and commercial lenders.
- Manage engagements throughout the transaction lifecycle and
coordinate other Grant Thornton capabilities by leveraging the
expertise of other service lines, cross-functional teams and
international colleagues as needed.
- Plan, execute, direct and complete financial due diligence for
financial and corporate strategic buyers from a variety of
- Examine & analyze client data to identify key trends, quality
of earnings adjustments and net working capital impacts.
- Draft reports to socialize our findings around quality of
earnings, net working capital and business performance along with
insights around the key financial and business issues in a
- Manage client expectations concerning timing, progress,
deliverables, deadlines and lead change efforts effectively.
- Develop and maintain strong client relationships.
- Team with partners and senior managers on proposals and
business development calls.
- Recruit, manage, mentor, and train senior associates and
- Assess performance of senior associates and associates for
engagement and year-end reviews.
- Other duties as assigned. You have the following technical
skills, qualifications and abilities:
- Education: Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics,
Business Administration, or related field.
- Certifications & Licensures: CPA preferred or willing to
acquire necessary certification within 18 months of
- Experience: Minimum of 6 years of related work experience in
Financial Due Diligence with a Public Accounting firm.
- Strong current knowledge in US GAAP, GAAS, SEC Reporting,
transaction advisory services or mergers and acquisitions.
- Ability to work additional hours as needed and up to 25% travel
to various client sites.
Keywords: Grant Thornton LLP (US), Newport Beach , Financial Due Diligence Manager, Executive , Newport Beach, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!