Director of Product Development & Strategy
Company: CalPrivate Bank
Location: Newport Beach
Posted on: August 4, 2022
Director of Product Development & Strategy - Newport Beach,
CAThe Director of Product Development and Strategy will be
primarily responsible for driving large scale cross-functional
product programs from design and planning to implementation.
Utilizing a cross functional approach, the ideal candidate will
lead teams in market analysis, complex planning, execution, and
go-to-market efforts, while managing the evolution of company's
capabilities.The ideal candidate will demonstrate an ability to
structure an organization and optimize it for execution, including
attracting top-tier talent and developing capabilities needed to
accommodate growth.Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design, develop, implement, and communicate a compelling
Product Strategy; define the product and execution plan, and drive
forward by translating vision into results.
- Work extensively with outside best of breed vendors to deliver
in an agile manner
- Develop partnerships with technology and product providers to
ensure successful working relationship
- Collaborates closely with cross-functional partners in Product,
IT, Risk, Marketing, Operations, Compliance, among other
- Effectively contributes and leads the development and
improvement of existing and new tools, and business processes,
relating to the following banking products: deposit automation,
payment processing, card and merchant services, innovative credit
products, foreign exchange and more
- Develops roadmaps for the products and designs the applicable
project plans based on factors which include but are not limited to
current market trends, external challenges, internal and external
technological challenges, and budgetary parameters.
- Build strong relationships and communication channels with
cross-functional partners to collaborate and advocate for Program
Management's roadmap, manage risks, and facilitate tradeoffs.
- Market Landscape - conducts research on data sources and ROI
analyses, anticipating needs of the business and customers.
- Build and iterate on various processes with leaders and teams
to drive alignment, simplify execution, and improve quality and
- Responsible for project execution and roll out
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Marketing, Computer Science,
Engineering, or related field (or equivalent technical experience);
MBA or Master's Degree a plus
- Minimum of 5 years of Product Management experience with a
focus on data platforms (SaaS, analytics products, fintech
- Minimum of 5 years in program / project management execution,
with at least 2 years of managing a team
- Technical/finance background and/or demonstrated ability to
- Experience working with clients with complex needs and
- Experience with multiple successful product launches in a
- Extensive experience in product management
- Exceptional project management and organizational skills.
- Experience working within a scaling program management
- Preferred experience at a high growth fintech technology
- Proven experience delivering B2B SaaS products and or Fintech
or Bank Product development
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with a
proven ability to communicate with executives.
- Confident people leader with a proven track record of being
committed to and having a vested interest in the individuals' and
team's success at all levels.
- Proven ability to build strong and meaningful relationships
with leaders, stakeholders.
- Leadership - CEO of products; ability to lead by influence and
achieve positive business outcomes in alignment with Bank's core
values of Relationships, Solutions and Trust
- Monetization - Support the development, planning, sell-through
and monetization of the product strategy
- First-principles problem solver - distills complex problems to
their root cause and main drivers; leverages data and analysis;
challenges assumptions even from senior leaders to ensure we set
and meet high standards. High-growth startup experience is highly
- Product Evangelism - consistently demonstrates, passion,
knowledge, commitment, and ownership of the products and believes
in their strength and the benefits and solutions our products
provide for our Clients.
- Teamwork - consistently demonstrates a proven ability to
influence and rally cross-functional teams and scale to add others
to the team when required
- Organization & Execution - effectively works cross-functionally
to execute against product goals. Develop well-integrated plans,
managing projects through from commitment to delivery
- Operating Culture & Behavioral Fit - Maintains the integrity
and professionalism expected of all team members and carries this
forward as a company ambassador
- Great judgment making both strategic (what to prioritize) and
tactical (feature scope) decisions
- A strong sense of design and user experience
- A passion for products that just work, even if the problems
they solve are boring and complicatedBSA/AML/Compliance
Responsibilities:This position includes direct or indirect
interaction with customers and other employees and therefore
includes responsibilities relating to BSA/AML. The employee will
have opportunity to examine and view information and documents
produced by other employees of the Bank relating to BSA and
therefore has the obligation to report suspicious activity to the
BSA Officer as appropriate. The employee is responsible for
understanding and following the Bank's BSA/AML policies including
elevating suspicious activity to the BSA Officer. Additionally, the
employee is required to understand and follow the Bank's compliance
- Regularly required to talk or listen.
- Frequently required to use hands and fingers to handle or feel,
reach with hands or arms.
- Required to sit for long periods of time.
- Occasionally required to stand and walk.
- Specific vision abilities required by this position include
close vision and the ability to focus.Our Career Benefits & Team
Member CommitmentsOur mission is driven through
Relationships,Solutions and Trust. This is built by our incredible
Team Members.Learn about our benefits and our mission to provide a
DistinctlyDifferent banking experience.
Keywords: CalPrivate Bank, Newport Beach , Director of Product Development & Strategy, Executive , Newport Beach, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!