Vice President of Data Science
Company: Vital Data Technology
Location: Newport Beach
Posted on: August 6, 2022
Vital Data Technology - is a data science-driven health care
solutions company. Payers, providers, and members are empowered to
drive efficiencies and improve clinical and financial outcomes
throughout the health care ecosystem with our proprietary
artificial intelligence-enabled platform, Affinit-----. Affinit--
represents a single platform to eliminate data, systems, and
stakeholder silos by aligning departments and participants to
transform data into actionable insights. Fueled by the most
advanced data science and analytics, Affinit-- enables health plans
to increase operational efficiencies, lower operating costs, and
improve the overall quality of health for their members.We're a
dynamic team of seasoned professionals with extensive experience in
the healthcare technology space. Our mission is to develop
intelligent SaaS solutions that align plans, providers, and
members.About the Role:We're growing and looking to add a senior
member of the team to continue to build on the great work we have
started. This position will play a critical role in our AI / ML
strategy - driving insights and actionable data. This is an
exceptional opportunity to partner with key senior stakeholders and
customers to identify evolving business needs that can be addressed
with data science and advanced analytics, frame problems into
analytic questions, and translate analytics into business value.
This pivotal role will lead a team of data scientists by helping
design, scope, and deliver predictive models and other data
science-related projects.We're seeking professionals passionate
about pioneering insights into healthcare delivery and
coordination. We're committed to making our client partners
successful and are looking for like-minded seasoned professionals
committed to delivering a world-class data science result.The
company values people who are creative problem solvers and
"out-of-the-box" thinkers. The ideal candidate can thrive in a
fast-moving, innovative company and who appreciates a casual and
- Lead a team of data scientists to explore and evaluate the
landscape of data, tools, and cutting-edge techniques to build
predictive models (including machine learning and NLP) in a
- Develop rich insights and data visualizations to communicate
ideas to customers or company leaders.
- Own and manage our Data Science practice and project management
for initiatives undertaken by the data science team.
- Develop, validate and deploy solutions in an efficient,
sustainable, and repeatable manner.
- Build, motivate and mentor a team of data scientists to grow
their skills and careers.
- Represent the data science group to the rest of the
organization and to our clients. Success in this area relies on
your ability to communicate complex (and sometimes foreign)
concepts in ways that laypersons can understand and participate in
- Augment the data science team on an as-needed basis by getting
- Promote collaboration, creativity, and agility.
- Foster an environment that causes the data science staff to
want to be at work
- Champion an unwavering commitment to the overall success of the
organization and our client partners.
- Build relationships within Vital Data and the external data
science community to continue attracting and developing top-tier
- Ph.D. or MD with 8+ years of experience in data analytics or
master's degree plus 10+ years of experience in data
- At least 5years of experience in open-source programming
languages for large-scale data analysis and modeling.
- At least 5 years of experience developing & implementing
commercial data science solutions leveraging one or more of the
following: operations research, natural language processing,
machine learning, deep learning, or Bayesian methods.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office - Word, Excel, PowerPoint,
- Willingness and the ability to travel are required.Preferred
- 10+ years of experience with relational databases.
- Experience with common data science toolkits, such as R,
Jupyter, NumPy, etc.
- Expert-level familiarity with data science and statistical
modeling (e.g., Python, R, Stark, and equivalent)Attributes of The
- A Technical Expert- You have hands-on experience developing
data science solutions, from concept to production, and selecting
the right tool for the job at hand. You understand modern cloud
computing. You have experience prototyping and implementing data
science solutions in an enterprise.
- Innovative and Well Managed- You continually research and
evaluate emerging technologies. You stay current on published
state-of-the-art algorithms and models. You obsess over model risk
and governance. Fundamentally, you disrupt and deliver a better
- A Product Leader- You develop and implement models that the
business will seamlessly automate and integrate into
- A People Leader- You lead by example. You are a role model for
- A Communicator: You communicate complex ideas clearly
internally to your team and externally to customers.
- Knows how to achieve organizational excellence throughout all
functions of an organization.Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected
Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Vital Data Technology is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider
applicants for all positions without discrimination based on race,
color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, sexual
orientation, age, marital or veteran status, disability, or any
other legally protected status. What's your citizenship /
employment eligibility?* LinkedIn Profile URL:* The following
questions are entirely optional. To comply with government Equal
Employment Opportunity and/or Affirmative Action reporting
regulations, we are requesting (but NOT requiring) that you enter
this personal data. This information will not be used in connection
with any employment decisions, and will be used solely as permitted
by state and federal law. Your voluntary cooperation would be
appreciated. Learn more .
Keywords: Vital Data Technology, Newport Beach , Vice President of Data Science, Executive , Newport Beach, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!