Executive Meeting Manager Full Time - Balboa Bay Resort - Newport Beach, CA, 92663 chevron_right
Company: Balboa Bay Club
Location: Newport Beach
Posted on: May 24, 2023
Job Location: Balboa Bay Resort - Newport Beach, CA
Position Type: Full Time
Salary Range: Undisclosed
Job Category: Sales
Achieves or exceeds sales goals by providing complete account penetration for assigned territory by focusing on corporate business and execution of their booked
events. Establishes new client relationships and maintains existing relationships to maximize revenue.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Responds to all incoming leads for business to secure opportunities and maximize sale of available space as is beneficial for the property. Takes orders
for food, beverage, rooms, services, etc.
2. Analyzes requirements of business opportunities. Researches and maintains knowledge of market trends, competition and customers. Responds to RFP's. Outlines available hotel space, menus and facilities. Quotes prices. Meets with clients and hotel department managers to plan function details, space
requirements, food service and d--cor. Prepares correspondence to customers, internal booking reports and client data.
3. Develops long-term relationships with clients or potential clients by maintaining consistent verbal and written communications and providing good customer
4. Maintains detailed information about clients/prospective clients and enters data into property's computer systems.
5. Attends Business Review Meetings. Researches new companies. Creates and implements direct mailing campaigns. Attends training. Makes presentations
6. Conducts familiarization trips as needed. Participate in local community to develop business.
Other Responsibilities/Supportive Functions:
1. Solicits new business opportunities through prospecting new customers when needed (including groups, travel managers, travel agents and consumers). Uses network channels to open doors to new customers. Seeks methods to penetrate key business activities within the marketplace and finds profitable ways to bring this business to the hotel. Researches information on market and trends and the clients supporting those markets locally.
2. Participates in industry related organizations. Attends trade shows, community events and industry meetings to develop business. Participates in Sales blitzes. Makes onsite and field presentations to prospective clients. Participates in pre-event
meetings, training and other sales-related meetings as required.
3. Responds to guest inquiries and coordinates special arrangements and requests.
4. Resolves guest complaints within scope of authority, otherwise refers the matter to upper management. Notifies supervisor and/or Security of all unusual events
Note: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Team Members may perform other related duties as required to meet the ongoing needs of the organization. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind work assignments and to make reasonable accommodations as needed.QualificationsQualifications (relevant experience, education and training):
1. High school diploma or general education degree (GED), or equivalent combination of education and experience. Bachelor's degree in Hospitality
2. One or more years of related sales experience (i.e. Catering/Event Sales, Event Coordination, or as an Executive Meeting Manager) in a similar sized hotel/resort or winery operation.
3. Possess solid knowledge of hotel service standards, guest relations and etiquette. Ability and experience in successfully selling and working in a high
volume, time sensitive environment.
4. Ability to learn, follow and maintain effective sale processes designed to attain maximum revenue while ensuring adherence to established operating criteria.
5. Completes all required training as scheduled.
6. Strong knowledge of sales techniques with strong skills and ability to negotiate and close sales desired.
7. Requires ability to determine needs of customers and persuasively present sales options through verbal face-to-face and telephone interactions. Must be able to create and effectively provide sales presentations and materials to potential customers. Contacts sometimes contain confidential/sensitive information so requires ability to use discretion. Must demonstrate positive attitude and professional demeanor. Requires strong communication and interpersonal skills and commitment to a high level of guest satisfaction.
8. Uses logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems. Must be able to solve problems and remain calm and alert if dealing with difficult guest, during busy activity periods or in an emergency situation.
9. Requires working knowledge of MS Office applications and ability to learn and use telephone and computer systems used at the hotel. Proficiency with DELPHI
10. Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, team members may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel. Work schedules will include working on holidays, weekends and alternate shifts. Position requires working from property location.
11. Must maintain a clean appearance and professional demeanor.
Special Skills & Abilities/Mental and Physical Demands:
While performing the duties of the job the team member regularly sits for sustained periods of time and stands and walks occasionally when working with potential
customers to present information and tour the property. The team member occasionally grasps objects such as presentation materials. The team member occasionally reaches by extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction while performing essential functions of the job. The team member frequently talks when communicating with current or potential clients and staff. The team member frequently needs to hear voices while interacting with potential customers, guests and staff. Many aromas and smells are present in the dining areas. Exerts up to 40 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects such as sales materials. The team member is required to have close visual acuity to operate a computer. The team member is required to have visual acuity to determine the accuracy, neatness, and thoroughness of the sales materials and contracts. The team member is primarily subject to environmental conditions found working inside. The team member is occasionally subject to loud noise (or music) when working in or around the property. The team member is occasionally subject to atmospheric condition such as fumes, odors, or dusts.
International Bay Clubs LLC. is an Equal Opportunity and E-Verify User.
Keywords: Balboa Bay Club, Newport Beach , Executive Meeting Manager Full Time - Balboa Bay Resort - Newport Beach, CA, 92663 chevron_right, Executive , Newport Beach, California
here to apply!