Director of Revenue Management
Company: Renaissance Newport Beach Hotel
Location: Newport Beach
Posted on: November 17, 2023
OverviewThe primary responsibility of the Director of Revenue
Management is analysis of revenue maximization efforts for the
assigned property through monitoring of group and transient
business thresholds, to ensure maximization of revenues and growth
verses that of the competitive set. Recommend and coordinate
pricing and positioning for hotels in conjunction with Pyramid
Revenue Management standards in concert with brand requirements.
Supply critical analysis on the effect of short and long range
decisions effecting, occupancy, average rate and rooms profit
goals. Analysis of city events, market conditions and activities
and capitalize on the demand these generate. Identify new revenue
opportunities and effectively communicate sales strategy and
pricing to strategy team. This leadership role has overall
responsibility to create, identify, develop and implement revenue
management strategies for all segments within the hotel. Overall,
the Director of Revenue Management is accountable for:
- Proactively review and analyze inventory and rate
- Ensure group inventory and cut-off dates are managed according
- Manage and maintaining groups and transient inventory
- Forecasting: Prepare all weekly, monthly, rolling forecasts and
- Contribute to the development and implementation of revenue
generating strategies in conjunction with the annual marketing
- Ensure that all revenue management related systems are
- Provide training to other hotel team members on revenue
management procedure and principles as needed.
- Provide weekly/monthly/annual analysis and reporting for
effective communication to Regional Field teams including VP/MD and
RDSMS as well as Corporate staff. ( Inclusive of Group Pace and
- Champion 3rd party channels and establish relationships with
all market managers.
- Effectively evaluate market demand by utilizing turndown,
property/brand diagnostics, CRS/GDS reports and STR data.
- Attend property staff meeting and other pertinent property
- Review all competitive shops on a consistent basis and identify
selling strategies and market trends.
- Review demand calendars, convention calendars and city event
calendars for market intelligence of all demand generators.
- Work with front office management to ensure the sell out
strategies are in place, and that all systems are in balance.
- Insure maximum utilization of all brand systems and act as
liaison leader with regional brand revenue manager.
- Conduct weekly Revenue management meetings based on Pyramid
standard operating procedures.
- Provide displacement analysis for group and contract business,
as needed, to determine impact the potential business will have on
- Analyze past and present trends with recommendations for future
- A minimum of 3 years hotel Revenue Management work experience,
demonstrating progressive career growth and a pattern of
- Marriott branded revenue management experience.
- College Degree in Business Administration, hospitality
management or any similar area. PI13eb922a7081-31181-33260785
Keywords: Renaissance Newport Beach Hotel, Newport Beach , Director of Revenue Management, Executive , Newport Beach, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!