Director of IT
Company: Precision Castparts Corp. (PCC)
Location: South Gate
Posted on: September 19, 2019
SHULTZ STEEL COMPANY has been in business since 1947 and is located
in the greater Los Angeles California area. It employs about 450
people. It was acquired by PCC in 2016. Shultz Steel Company
produces large structural die forgings and rolled rings primarily
for the aerospace industry out of alloy steel, titanium, aluminum
and nickel alloys. It is a vertically integrated facility.
* I. PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Reporting directly to the Snr. Vice President of Finance of Wyman
Gordon, the Director of Information Technology (IT) will direct,
plan, develop, and implement professional, effective, and efficient
information systems and procedures across the business unit.
* ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Direct the maintenance of the company-wide Information Technology
* Develop an Information Systems strategy in support of and that is
directly aligned with the broader Wyman Gordon strategic plan.
* Manage the in-house and outsourced Applications Development team
* Ensure the high performance and availability of the Information
* Manage and communicate the IT department projects to the balance
of the organization to ensure appropriate prioritization.
* Manage the performance and professional development of an IT
* Build strong relationships with outside vendors for support,
maintenance and resolution of problems and operational issues.
* Manage a budgetary process for the department which is aligned
with the company s strategic plan with responsibilities that
include operational expenses, capital expenditures and IT
* EXTENSIVE STAKEHOLDER COLLABORATION WITH COMPANY MANAGEMENT TEAM
AND CORPORATE MANAGEMENT LEVELS.
* SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES
* Manage the performance and professional development of a highly
technical internal IT Staff, and external resources.
* I. KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
* Bachelor s degree in Computer Science, a related field, or
equivalent experience; advanced degree is preferred.
* AT LEAST 10-12 YEARS TECHNICAL, IT EXPERIENCE.
* Assure that ERP initiative meets business needs. Regularly work
with senior leadership to implement change management, project
planning, resource allocation, steering committee leadership, and
team organizational structure management.
* Control project scope and risk management.
* Ability to analyze and understand business requirements along
with technical design and implementation.
* Demonstrated ability to provide guidance to senior management as
well as internal and external stakeholders.
* Ability to concisely communicate project status and key issues to
be resolved with options for resolution and recommendation.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Excellent leadership and influence skills, including the ability
to bring differing viewpoints together to reach decisions in a
* Excellent supervisory and staff management skills.
* Ability to create and manage budgets successfully.
* Demonstrated ability to advise senior level management.
* Ability to drive project governance with a clear understanding of
project teams, steering committees and executive sponsors.
* Manage project tasks, milestones and deliverables, including data
conversion, interfaces, reporting standards and formats, process
improvement mapping, testing, standardization, workforce readiness
and training, organizational change management, implementation and
* Strong time management and project management skills, with the
ability to manage multiple, competing priorities.
* Adaptable to new technologies and have the business acumen to
evaluate and assess new applications and processes and contribute
to the long-term improvement of business systems within the
* ERP and related business systems experience in a manufacturing
* ERP experience, Oracle EBS R12 preferred.
* Select and procure Information Systems hardware and services.
* Vendor negotiation and relationship management
* In depth experience in the following systems and platforms:
* MPLS and Wireless networks
* VoIP telephony
* Web services and applications development, deployment, and
* Network (LAN, WAN) infrastructure design and administration
* Network infrastructure equipment maintenance and
* VMWare, VCenter, ESX hosts configuration and support
* Cloud services and co-location facilities
* Oracle SQL development, OBIEE report creation, SQL Server
* Disaster recovery planning, documentation, and test execution
* PHYSICAL DEMAND
* Requires ability to lift, carry and move light to medium weight
of 10-30 pounds.
* WORKING CONDITIONS AND ENVIRONMENT
* Moderate noise level.
* Working in a variety of different environments.
US CITIZENSHIP OR PERM RESIDENCY IS REQUIRED DUE TO GOVERNMENT
PLEASE APPLY AT: https://careers.precast.com/career-areas/
Wyman Gordon is committed to hiring, promoting and transferring
employees without regard to race, religion, color, national origin
(where a person was born), sex, age, ancestry (ethnic heritage),
citizenship, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation,
disability, or any other reason prohibited by law. Decisions as to
hiring, promoting or transferring employees should be based solely
upon job-related qualifications.
PRECISION CASTPARTS CORP. is an equal opportunity employer
committed to recruit, hire, train, and promote in all job
categories without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability,
veteran status or other status protected by applicable law.
Keywords: Precision Castparts Corp. (PCC), Newport Beach , Director of IT, Executive , South Gate, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!