Cardiac Cath Lab Tech
Company: Integrated Resources, Inc
Location: Newport Beach
Posted on: January 18, 2023
Title: Cardiac Cath Lab Tech
Location: Newport Beach, CA
Pay range: $100 to $110 / hr.
Duration: 3 months (Possible extension)
Schedule: Monday to Friday 4 ten-hour shifts starting at 07:00am. 1
night per week of call, 1 call weekend per month
- Enters the cardiac Cath Lab with experience in interventional
cardiovascular procedures but a desire to learn and advance in a
highly technical and challenging work environment.
- Upon completion of initial orientation and competencies
checkoff the IRT will be able to demonstrate the ability to: test
the integrity of the x-ray systems output as part of quality
control with proper documentation to computer-based files
- Demonstrate proper use of radiation safety equipment,
collimation, filtering and imaging techniques to optimize and
protect patient and staff in the Cath Lab environment
- Understand and apply the principles of image acquisition and be
able to perform functions related to retrieval of archived studies,
quantitative analysis and image reproduction
- Power up and trouble-shoot CV x-ray systems (fixed and mobile)
and competently operate table-side controls for magnification,
angulation and positioning of the patient.
- Upon completion of orientation will demonstrate ability to
scrub assist on multiple diagnostic cardiac procedures with special
emphasis on sterile technique.
- Assists with inventory stocking and outdate checks.
- Use departmental and Organization resources
- Maintain attendance according to hospital policy and
- Record time and attendance accurately and timely.
- For all levels: High school diploma or equivalent is required.
Graduate of an AMA approved Radiologic Technology program required.
Recent radiology experience with satisfactory evaluations and a
desire to learn invasive procedures
- IRT II: Recent Cath Lab or interventional radiology
- IRT III: Recent Cath Lab experience performing diagnostic and
interventional cardiac, endovascular, and
electrophysiology/devices. Proficient in use of all equipment in
the hybrid OR.
- RT IV: Recent Cath Lab experience performing all the above with
previous advanced technical aptitude.
- IRT Lead: Extensive experience in Cath Lab or demonstrated
ability to provide guidance and support of radiologic
technologists. Advanced technical aptitude.
- Previous cardiac, endovascular or electrophysiology experience
in a busy invasive Lab.
- ARRT post-primary certification in CV Interventional,
Cardiac-Interventional or Vascular Interventional Radiography is
strongly recommended. -RCIS Certification.
- IRT I: 1-2 years recent interventional, CT or general radiology
- IRT II: 3-5 years recent Cath Lab or interventional radiology
experience with extensive scrub experience.
- IRT III: 5-8 years recent Cath Lab, electrophysiology or
interventional radiology experience with responsibility for scrub
and monitoring duties.
- IRT IV: 8-10 years recent Cath Lab, electrophysiology or
interventional radiology experience and/ or advanced
training/education in sub-specialty.
- IRT Lead: 10 plus years extensive experience in all technical
aspects of a fast paced, high volume cardiac cath and
- Experience providing oversight and support to radiologic
technologists in Cath lab
Keywords: Integrated Resources, Inc, Newport Beach , Cardiac Cath Lab Tech, Healthcare , Newport Beach, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!