Company: ICONMA, LLC
Location: Newport Beach
Posted on: March 20, 2023
- Works under the Pathologists' supervision, in the
non-diagnostic areas of surgical pathology.
- Non-diagnostic duties for anatomical pathology consist of, but
are not limited to external examination, evisceration, dissection,
tissue selection, and tissue banking.
- Such non-diagnostic duties for surgical pathology consist of,
but are not limited to prospection, tissue selection, tissue
banking and quality assurance.
- Obtaining pertinent clinical information and history, including
scans, x-rays, laboratory data, etc.
- Provides training for new employees and students, including
offering guidance, assistance, and direction to less experienced
- Participates in the evaluation of new instruments.
- Participates in developing, reviewing, and revising policies
and procedures for the department.
- Actively participates in correspondence, organization, and
other related activities for clinical research.
- Projects an image of professionalism in communication,
appearance and conduct.
- Supports the laboratory mission.
- Participates in the continuous quality improvement
- Maintains a working knowledge of departmental standard
- This knowledge may include the use of specialized
instrumentation, quality control requirements, and preventative
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Accommodates and adapts to change as environmental,
organizational, Workload, task direction and other conditions
change in a constructive and positive manner.
- Manages conflict, disagreement and discord among and between
staff and work units, while recognizing and addressing
sensitivities and stakeholder needs.
- Demonstrates the ability to conceptualize, apply, analyze,
synthesize and/or evaluate information gathered from, or generated
by actively and skillfully
- observation, experience, reflection, reasoning, or
- Identifies, evaluates, interprets and organizes data so that it
can be used for business decisions.
- Can sort through data to identify patterns and establish
- Demonstrates full knowledge and understanding of concepts and
procedures needed to be successful in the role, including knowledge
of applicable department, organization and external rules and
regulations impacting day to day processes.
- For clinical positions, this includes clinical procedures
required by department and unit, as demonstrated by unit -based
- Position may require local travel between various Organization
- Baccalaureate Degree in medical technology or related science
- Completion of a National Accrediting Agency for Clinical
Laboratory Sciences (NAACLS)
- program for Pathologist Assistant, certification by ASCP
- 1-2 years previous experience as a PA required.
- Pathologist Assistant certification by ASCP.
- ASCP Certification.
- Organization Skills.
- Quality Assurance.
As an equal opportunity employer, ICONMA prides itself on creating
an employment environment that supports and encourages the
abilities of all persons regardless of race, color, gender, age,
sexual orientation, citizenship, or disability
Keywords: ICONMA, LLC, Newport Beach , Pathologist Assistant, Healthcare , Newport Beach, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...