Kitchen Manager - JOEY Newport Beach
Company: JOEY Restaurant Group
Location: Newport Beach
Posted on: August 6, 2022
Job DescriptionWe are thrilled to continue our growth in
California with the opening of JOEY Newport Beach this year. This
new location will bring a refined yet casual dining experience to
Newport Beach, with a team of award-winning chefs, a globally
inspired menu and iconic hospitality.With this expansion comes the
opportunity to invite new talent to join our team.We now invite
high-potential future leaders to apply to be a part of this iconic
location in California.This is about YOU. Your passion, purpose,
and potential. In you, we seek humility, drive, confidence, and
curiosity. When you join the JOEY team, you can expect a warm,
welcoming, exciting, and dynamic environment. We are committed to
training, educating, and empowering our People, and we live by our
culture of People Development. Our success is directly attributable
to our exceptional, team-oriented, and performance-driven partners
(employees). As a Kitchen Manager, you will directly contribute to
the overall success of a multi-million-dollar restaurant and its
people. In this role, you are responsible for leading your teams
deliverables- consistent and crafted products and providing our
guests with memorable and iconic culinary experiences. You will
manage labor budgets, maintain a pristine restaurant environment,
and ensure the highest quality products. As a coach and mentor, you
will motivate and inspire those around you to directly impact their
continuous learning, growth, and development. Duties
- Exude professionalism and Genuine Warmth and Care towards
guests and partners alike.
- Lead and develop your team through the world-class execution of
JOEY tasks and standards.
- Support your team in the preparation of all ingredients and
food products to fulfill prep lists, par levels, and recipe
- Utilize various preparation and cooking methods to ensure the
quick, precise creation of our menu items in accordance with JOEY
recipes. Wash, chop, cut, grill, roast, saut, fry, etc. Coordinate
with other stations as needed.
- Maintain preparation and cooking areas in a clean, sanitary,
and safe manner.
- Impact clean, organized, and maintained refrigerators, cooler
drawers, ovens, preparation, and dry storage areas, etc.
- Comply with and uphold all required food handling and workplace
- Train partners on the instructions and guidelines for safe
usage of kitchen equipment and cleaning compounds. Report on
equipment problems and maintenance issues immediately.
- Fulfill recruitment needs, impact positive candidate
experiences, and select and retain your team.
- Support in training and development of technical knowledge and
execution for kitchen team.
- Communicate daily focus and feedback to partners.
- Manage in-store budgets, food costs, and labor.
- Impact the delivery of Iconic Hospitality and coach the kitchen
team as needed to fulfill experience standards for our guests.
- 3+ years culinary experience (If you have high potential but
less experience, we still want to meet you!).
- Must have or be able to obtain valid local and/or state Food
- Possess a passion for hospitality and a proven track record of
creating world-class hospitality experiences.
- Thrive in a fast-paced work environment.Competencies
- Successful employees at JOEY are genuine, warm, and
- They value honesty and conduct themselves with integrity.
- They are comfortable providing and receiving feedback to
achieve personal growth and performance excellence.
- They are natural problem solvers with an insatiable desire to
positively impact individual and team execution.
- They are passionate about quality and professionalism.
- They possess exceptional relationship building and
- They encourage healthy and supportive competition within their
- They exude confidence, humility, and respect.
- They take pride in presenting a professional appearance and
- Career development, education, and growth opportunities.
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, medical
reimbursement plan, and Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for
- Discounted employee shift meals.
- 10% discount for self and guests on all food and beverages when
visiting any JOEY location.
- Discounted clothing retailer partnership.
- Referral bonus program.
- Sales competitions and rewards.About JOEY RestaurantsThe JOEY
Restaurant Group exists to deliver the ultimate dining experience.
Our handcrafted, locally, and globally inspired menu offerings are
created by award-winning chefs and presented by world-class
hospitality leaders in modern, warm, and lively environments. JOEY
Restaurants has been family-owned and operated since 1992 and has
grown into an iconic multi-concept brand throughout North America,
with continued growth and expansion planned into 2030. Our values
shape every action we take and the decisions we make. JOEY
Restaurants is all about opportunity and our ongoing success is
attributable to our exceptional, team-oriented, performance-driven
partners, who are constantly mastering their skill set. Our work
environment is welcoming and inclusive, and our teams are
passionate and creative. We embrace honesty and humility and are
encouraged to fail forward and learn from our mistakes. Our
industry-recognized performance-driven coaching culture paves the
way for future leaders. Through ongoing coaching and mentorship, we
directly impact the continuous learning, growth, and development of
our partners throughout North America. If you're looking for a
place to meet your potential, we'd like to meet you. Roll up your
sleeves... YOUR journey starts here. JOEY Restaurants is an Equal
Employment Opportunity Employer.
Keywords: JOEY Restaurant Group, Newport Beach , Kitchen Manager - JOEY Newport Beach, Hospitality & Tourism , Newport Beach, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!