Banquet Server On-Call
Company: Balboa Bay Resort & Club
Location: Newport Beach
Posted on: September 21, 2022
Balboa Bay Resort - Newport Beach, CA
Hospitality - Hotel
Provides exceptional food service to property guests during events,
special events, and other catered functions, as well as any other
property hosted event as requested and scheduled.
Duties & Responsibilities, including but not limited to:
- Serves customers at assigned station quickly, courteously, and
efficiently. Obtains food and beverage from prescribed locations
and serves customers according to established procedures and using
appropriate service techniques. Keeps glasses filled throughout the
- Observes guests to fulfill any additional requests and to note
when the meal is finished. Assists other servers in a cooperative
manner to ensure efficient service to guests. Completes assigned
side work as directed.
- Sets dining tables to established standards. Removes any
dinnerware, glassware, flatware, and linens that do not meet
cleanliness and appearance standards. Complete pre, running, and
post-shift side-work requirements.
- Familiarizes self with all items on daily menus. Sets
tables/room with linens, china, etc. keeping in consideration the
events prospectus and following established procedures. After
events, cleans away service and accessories.
- Clears dirty dishes from tables as guests finish with a course
- Prepare coffee service with appropriate food and beverages as
stated in Banquet Event Order.
- Follows all standard food handling, TIPS, sanitation, and
health department guidelines.
- Must wear non-slip, oil-resistant shoes. Follows all safety
policies and procedures. Reports potential safety issues to Event
Manager or Event Captain whenever observed and takes immediate
action to resolve in emergency situations. OSHA laws require the
use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) when performing work
duties that have the potential of risk to your health or safety.
Team members will be trained in the proper use and care of assigned
PPE if applicable. The hotel provides the required PPE. Team member
has responsibility to report defective, damaged or lost PPE or
equipment that does not fit properly to their Manager. Maintains
strict compliance with hotel's
- Reporting to work as scheduled (on time and on regular basis)
is an essential function of the job.
- Continuously maintains a neat, clean, and organized, safe, and
comfortable environment for guests.
- Assists other servers in clearing, cleaning, and resetting
- May assist with set up and/or break down of function
- Notifies management of unsafe conditions, needed maintenance of
any equipment, and any accidents.
- Ensures that minors and intoxicated persons are not served
alcoholic beverages. Notifies management of any problems resulting
from guest complaints, intoxication, or disruptive behavior
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Prior banquet or convention services experience at comparable
- Possess basic knowledge of food and beverage preparation,
service standards of the comparable hotel, guest relations, and
- Requires the ability to serve the needs of guests through
verbal face-to-face interactions. Must demonstrate a positive
attitude and professional demeanor. Requires communication and
interpersonal skills and commitment to a high level of guest
- Requires ability to perform basic math skills such as addition,
multiplication and division.
- Completes required training as scheduled.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out
detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to
deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in
standardized situations Ability to read and interpret documents
such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and
procedure manuals. Must be able to speak, read, write, and
understand English to understand instructions, safety rules, and
communicate with guests.
- Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, team
members may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the
business needs of the hotel. Work schedules will include working on
holidays, weekends, and alternate shifts.
- Must be at least 18 years of age. Must complete TIPS -
(Training for Intervention Procedures) alcohol awareness
certification as scheduled upon employment. Must have a valid
current Food Handlers Card or willingness and ability to obtain
one within 30 days of employment.
- Must know all applicable health standards. Knowledge of
federal, state, and local laws, ordinances and regulations, and
company policy regarding serving alcohol to minors and intoxicated
- Must maintain a clean appearance and professional
Keywords: Balboa Bay Resort & Club, Newport Beach , Banquet Server On-Call, Hospitality & Tourism , Newport Beach, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!