Food Service - Shift Supervisor
Company: Bristol Farms
Location: Newport Beach
Posted on: September 22, 2022
Who Is Bristol Farms?
Since opening our first market in Rolling Hills, CA, Bristol Farms
has brought people together around a love for cooking and sharing
delicious food. We have worked to create a community of curious
foodies - people who enjoyed exploring the aisles and discovering
new and exciting ingredients. We know that in order to achieve this
goal, we must provide the freshest, highest-quality, locally
sourced meat, seafood and produce, compliment it with an awesome
array of groceries in each aisle and create an extraordinary
experience for each and every guest.
To create that experience, we rely on our amazing team members and
leaders to provide extraordinary service; to create a fun,
interactive and engaging environment where we invite the guest to
participate in the experience.
We seek out team members who not only enjoy food but are passionate
about it. Team Members who thrive in a fast-paced environment and
can still maintain a calm demeanor, who have a positive attitude
and work well in a team environment. People who are warm, outgoing,
authentically amazing and want to be inspired, challenged and proud
of where they work. We look for team members who can connect with
people and reach a level of hospitality that exceeds guests'
Ingredients You'll Bring to the Table
You love food and have the ability to create an experience that is
beyond the everyday. You have a positive attitude and work well in
a team environment. You can connect with people and reach a level
of hospitality that exceeds guests' expectation. You are warm,
outgoing, authentically amazing and want to be inspired, challenged
and proud of where you work, You embody a spirit of
entrepreneurship and mutual respect. You approach every situation
with a YES! attitude and seek to find a solution to all
opportunities that arise.
What Will Be On Your Plate?
Job Title: Food Service Shift Supervisor
Department: Food Service
Reports To: Food Service Manager / Assistant Food Service
FLSA Status: Nonexempt
This is a management-in-training position. The Food Service Shift
Supervisor must have the necessary confidence, commitment, and
motivation to move themselves towards success. Key personality
traits & skills needed to accomplish this are: patience, even
tempered, humble, observant, perceptive, supportive, decisive,
flexible, analytical, consistent; and an encourager and teacher.
Must be self motivated; have strong leadership skills; good
listening skills, extraordinary customer service skills; applied
empathy; and possess a strong sense of urgency in all duties
performed. Due to Bristol Farms' goals and structure, the Food
Service Shift Supervisor should also be open to growth and
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The Food Service Shift Supervisor will learn to assist with the
management of the Food Service Department and coordinate the
activities of other employees engaged in the ordering, processing,
and selling of Food Service products. He or she maintains
department standards while under the supervision of the Food
Service Manager and/or Assistant Food Service Manager by performing
the following duties (other duties may be assigned):
- Leads by example; models correct behavior and adherence to
company policies and procedures.
- Maintains shelf stock-orders and assures amounts of all orders
to meet all customers' needs.
- Maintains cleanliness of shelves, foods, stocking, and rotation
of perishable stock.
- Engages and coaches Food Service Department employees in
suggestive selling techniques.
- Ensures proper training on weighing, slicing, cutting, and
serving of Food Service products.
- Trains employees on all opening and closing procedures.
- Documents all meetings/training and collects employee
signatures as required.
- Assures consistency in Food Service Department policies and
procedures by observing employee work habits and provides
training/coaching in areas needing improvement.
- Helps manage costs by controlling shrink and theft.
- Maintains price integrity and proper weights and measures as
mandated by California State Laws.
- Examines products bought for resale or received for storage.
Helps breakdown and store products received.
- Assists in implementing and maintaining all marketing
- Assures proper displaying and selling of all Food Service
products to customers and advises customers on quality of food,
method of handling, and other factors affecting preparing,
freezing, and storage.
- Responsible for communication with the Food Service Manager &
Store Director on all Food Service Department related issues.
- Responsible for communication with all Food Service Department
employees including weekly communications such as the Weekly
Bulletin and monthly Safety News.
- Listens to customers' needs and obtains the products
- Cuts, weighs, wraps/boxes, and tags products.
- Proper use of Food Service slicer required.
- Assists with the maintenance of inventory control especially
for theft, shrink, & waste management.
- Assists with managing labor & supply costs.
- Responsible for using the tools provided by management to
ensure the success of the department.
- Serves customers with a smile and willing attitude. Assures
high sales through establishing relationships with customers to
ensure repeat business.
- Handles customer complaints in such a manner to assure customer
- Maintains a clean and sanitary work area at all times.
- Knows all cleaning chemicals authorized in the Food Service
Department and understands proper usage.
- Trains all Food Service Department employees on proper use of
- Follows the FIFOrotation system (First-in, First-out). Covers,
labels, and dates all leftover foods. Utilizes leftover foods
before opening new product.
- Inspects food and food preparation; including measuring
temperatures throughout the preparation process, to maintain
quality and sanitation in accordance with the FDA and local health
departmental codes and Bristol Farms stringent standards.
- Follows safety work standards and reports any safety hazards to
- Learns to report on and investigate all accidents which occur
in the Food Service Departments.
- Assures that all reports and investigations comply with the
Cal-Osha SB198 rules and regulations.
- Maintains the Food Service Department, including all cases,
under current health codes and Bristol Farms standards on
sanitation and cleanliness.
- May be required to work in other Food Service Departments such
as the Caf--, Cheese, & Catering Departments.
- Follows & enforces policies set forth in the employee handbook
at all times, especially on service standards and appearance.
- Availability requirements include; but are not limited to days,
evenings, weekends, & holidays.
- At all times, meets and exceeds Bristol Farms standards of
excellence in service, quality, cleanliness, appearance &
The Food Service Shift Supervisor is responsible to assist with the
overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of the Food Service
Department. He/she carries out supervisory responsibilities in
accordance with Bristol Farms policies and all applicable laws.
Responsibilities include training employees; planning, assigning,
and directing work; addressing complaints and resolving
Customer Service Skills
Food Service Shift Supervisors are expected to provide customer
service that is extra ordinary and exceeds the expectations of our
customers. They are required to follow established policies and
guidelines. Going above and beyond encompasses attitudes, respect,
and flexibility. Food Service Shift Supervisors are expected to
have a positive "can-do" attitude; to treat others with respect;
and easily adjust to changes in the workplace.
Education and/or Experience
High School diploma or general education degree (GED); three to six
months related experience and /or training; or equivalent
combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules,
operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
Ability to add, subtract, divide, and multiply using whole numbers,
common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in
written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Ability to resolve
conflicts in such a manner to create a win-win situation.
Knowledge of English
This is a customer service driven position. The candidate must have
the ability to speak, read and understand English.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly
required to stand; walk; use hands to finger; handle, or feel
objects, tools, or controls. The employee occasionally is required
to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required
to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The
employee must frequently lift and /or move up to 50 pounds and
occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision
abilities required by this job include close and color vision.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly
works near moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally
exposed to extreme heat and/or cold, to electrical shock, and to
risk of burn. The noise level in the work environment is usually
moderate & occasionally loud.
Why You'll Love Working at Bristol Farms:
- Amazing earning potential, paid weekly!
- A values-based culture that will engage and empower your growth
- A strong training program that will build your restaurant and
guest service skills
- Opportunity for growth within our family of brands
- Benefits available - Including medical, dental, vision, and
- Numerous scholarship opportunities available to full & part
time team members
- 20% discount at all Bristol Farms and Lazy Acres locations
- $60 credit to Shoes for Crews every 6 months of
Keywords: Bristol Farms, Newport Beach , Food Service - Shift Supervisor, Hospitality & Tourism , Newport Beach, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!