Customer Service Specialist
Company: United Auto Credit Corp
Location: Newport Beach
Posted on: March 16, 2023
Daily activities as a Customer Service Specialist include, but are not limited to: managing and working a queue of 25+ deals, providing excellent service to our dealers and customer, at times handle conflict resolution as it relates to deals, and ensuring loans are funded in an accurate and timely manner.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
* Auditing contract packages, reviewing documents for accuracy, and identifying any discrepancies
* Responsible for verifications of employment, insurance, references, residence, and other required stipulations
* Income verification and calculations
* Gathering and uploading missing documents from dealerships and customers
* Accurately and effectively communicate with dealerships, customers, underwriters and management
* Taking inbound phone calls in relation to deal status
* Maintain a cooperative and productive work environment
* Ensure compliance with legal, regulatory and business policies and procedures
* Clear understanding of company policies, procedures and practices
* Ensure the achievement of all funding objectives including volume, turn time, portfolio performance, legal and procedural compliance
* Exemplify United Auto Credit Corporation Core Values
* Perform other duties as assigned
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
* Adaptability: Adapts to changes in the work environment; manages competing demands; changes approach or method to best fit the situation; able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
* Customer Service: Responds promptly to customer needs; solicits customer feedback to improve service; responds to requests for service and assistance.
* Interpersonal: Focuses on solving problems, not blaming. Maintains confidentiality. Listens to others without interrupting. Keeps emotions under control. Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
* Judgment: Displays willingness to make decisions; exhibits sound and accurate judgment; supports and explains reasoning for decisions; includes appropriate people in decision-making process; makes timely decisions.
* Oral Communication: Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions; demonstrates group presentation skills; participates in meetings.
* Problem Solving: Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
* Written Communication: Writes clearly and informatively; edits work for spelling and grammar; varies writing style to meet needs; presents numerical data effectively; able to read and interpret written information.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Ability to effectively apply professional acumen and communication skills to favorably resolve issues escalated from internal and external customers.
* Strong analytical, organizational and time management skills.
* Ability to work well under pressure, meeting multiple and sometimes conflicting deadlines.
* High School Diploma or equivalent required.
* Previous experience within the Auto Finance or Financial Services Sector highly preferred but not required
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Ability to clearly and effectively communicate in person, in writing and by telephone
Basic use of MS Office, Word, and Excel
Certificates and Licenses
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to walk.
Commitment to Diversity and Equal Employment Opportunity
United Auto Credit Corporation, a wholly owned indirect subsidiary of Vroom, is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating and supporting a work environment where all employees can find their drive. To do that, we champion a workplace where each and every person is treated with dignity and respect and is valued for their unique perspectives and contributions. We believe our values of SPEED (Service, Progress, Employees, Engagement, and Development) are best realized in an environment, whether physical or virtual, where every individual has the ability to bring their whole selves to work and contribute fully.
UACC maintains a working environment that encourages mutual respect and promotes harmonious and friendly relationships among employees. The company prohibits any form of employment discrimination or harassment against employees, applicants, or other protected persons in the workplace based on a protected characteristic(s), regardless of who the source is of such conduct. Protected characteristics include race, color, religion, creed, sex (including gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or pregnancy, childbirth, or a related medical condition), national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, service in the uniformed services, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, and/or local law. This commitment to antidiscrimination and antiharassment applies to all terms, conditions, and privileges of employment including, but not limited to, recruitment and hiring.
UACC likewise provides reasonable accommodations to qualified applicants, employees, or other legally protected individuals in the workplace with a disability to enable them to participate in the job application process, to perform the essential functions of a job, or to enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment equal to those of other employees, except if the accommodation would pose an undue hardship. The company also makes reasonable accommodations for religious beliefs and practices.
UACC complies with all applicable federal, state, and/or local laws relating to equal employment.
Other Things to Note
This posting is not intended to provide a comprehensive account of the duties and responsibilities that may be required of this position. Duties and responsibilities may change or be added at any time, with or without notice.
Please review our privacy and CCPA policies.
Keywords: United Auto Credit Corp, Newport Beach , Customer Service Specialist, Hospitality & Tourism , Newport Beach, California
here to apply!