Company: Hornblower - City Experiences
Location: Newport Beach
Posted on: November 20, 2023
Salary Range: $19.00 - $21.00 per hour (Occasional Tips
City Experiences is currently seeking Cooks for our City Cruises
operation in Newport Beach.
We are also seeking seasonal Cooks for the Holiday season!
City Experiences' passion is to provide amazing experiences on land
and water. Our 40-year success through organic growth and
acquisitions has resulted in a portfolio of over 25+ brands that
welcome upwards of 30 million guests/riders annually. If you're an
enthusiastic team player who thrives in an environment where
communication, creativity, and cooperation are encouraged, this may
just be the opportunity for you.
About the Opportunity:
Work consists of primarily banquets with a wide range of menus from
festive casual to California classic. Successful candidates will
have attention to detail in a fast-paced environment. A flexible
schedule is required.
This person will be adaptable, dynamic, and embody City
Experiences' RESPECT Service System.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Preparing and cooking food aboard yachts or in our prep kitchen
- Loading and unloading food and supplies onto boats as
- Assisting in breaking down and cleaning the galley at the end
of each shift
- Working and collaborating with Vessel operations crew and front
of house team to satisfy 100% of our guests
- Learning all safety and security duties required for the
- Availability on nights, weekends and holidays a must
- Adhere and maintain strict guidelines to food production and
handling of all food products.
- Maintain consistent and open lines of communication with on
- Address any on board guest service food requirements when
- Adapt to changes quickly with function timelines and prep for
successful completion of each event.
- Provide support to the front of the house staff on all related
- Communicate any difficulties or breakdowns with onboard
equipment to your direct report.
- Show up ready to work on time and follow communicated
instructions by management.
- Additional job duties as assigned Requirements &
- At least 6 months kitchen experience which includes prep work,
line cooking and knowledge of health and sanitation codes
- California Food handler's card required within 30 days of
- Valid Drive a plus
- 18+ years old
The RESPECT Service System embodies City Experiences' mission,
vision, values and operating principles. By creating a company
culture that puts RESPECT at its core, we believe it will drive us
to achieve our goal of becoming a Global Experiences and
City Experiences is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and
Affirmative Action employer. We prohibit discrimination and
harassment against any applicants or employees based upon their
race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, mental or physical
disability, status as a protected veteran, or other characteristics
prohibited by applicable law.
Additionally, we encourage all qualified applicants including those
with past arrest or conviction records to apply. City Experiences
participates in the E-Verify program in certain
locations.PandoLogic. Keywords: Cook, Location: NEWPORT BEACH, CA -
Keywords: Hornblower - City Experiences, Newport Beach , Yacht Cook, Hospitality & Tourism , Newport Beach, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!