Quantitative Developer, Standard Calculator
Location: Newport Beach
Posted on: September 17, 2022
About Us: We are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm.
We manage investments and develop solutions across the full
spectrum of asset classes, strategies and vehicles: fixed income,
equities, commodities, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and
private equity. PIMCO is one of the largest investment managers,
actively managing more than $2.2 trillion in assets for clients
around the world. PIMCO has over 3,070 employees in 22 offices
globally. PIMCO is recognized as an innovator, industry thought
leader and trusted advisor to our clients. PIMCO is one of the
world's premier fixed income investment managers with thousands of
professionals around the world united in a single purpose: creating
opportunities for our clients in every environment. Since 1971, we
have brought innovation and expertise to our partnership with the
institutions, financial advisors and millions of individual
investors who entrust us with their assets. We aspire to cultivate
performance and leadership through empowering our people, diversity
of thought, and a commitment to an inclusive culture that engages
in our global communities. Position Description: PIMCO has relied
on quant strategies combined with fundamental analysis to drive
alpha in fixed income for three decades. That success led us to
expand our quant capabilities to currencies, commodities and
equities over the last 15 years. To this day, we continue to look
for people who are passionate about data-driven research who want
to build on our expansive quant capabilities and break ground on
exciting new initiatives. Dedicated to supporting a culture of
diversity, inclusion and acceptance, at PIMCO we work to create an
environment where all our people can be their authentic selves. We
strive to heighten our employees' appreciation for diverse
perspectives and skills, facilitating increased collaboration and
enhancing our ability to attract and engage top talent. PIMCO is
seeking a senior quantitative developer to join the PM-Analytics
Portfolio Engineering team and be passionate about developing
valuation tools for Quant researchers, Portfolio Managers and
fundamental analysts. You will be a key contributor to the design
and delivery of solutions with a focus on enhancing integration of
front office analytical tools with the firm's quantitative
platform. As a senior quantitative developer in our Newport Beach
office, you will interact directly with our Portfolio Managers and
quantitative researchers. Our ideal candidate will be enthusiastic
about quantitative methods in the financial industry, technology,
and impactful delivery. Responsibilities
- You will participate in the re-design and cloud based
implementation of a critical application supporting our Credit
- Work closely with quants and portfolio managers to implement,
deploy and support front office analytical tools.
- Gain deep understanding of PIMCO's data and infrastructure
platforms and contribute to their ongoing improvements.
- You will conduct design and review sessions with collaborators,
project managers, and developers.
- Troubleshoot data and/or software issues and be able to rapidly
- Provide timely and proactive support to end users.
- Work collaboratively with technologists, traders and other
researchers to build robust trading software solutions. Position
- Quantitative Master's degree (financial engineering or other
technically demanding program such as theoretical physics or math)
- 5 years of experience with Python (C#, C++, or Java a plus) and
relational databases are required.
- Experience in the financial industry preferred.
- Able to work independently, handle multiple tasks, and thrive
in a collaborative and fast-paced team environment.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Exceptional analytical skills, with strong attention to
- Demonstrated interest in investment management, quantitative
finance and software design. Benefits: PIMCO is committed to
offering a comprehensive portfolio of employee benefits designed to
support the health and well-being of you and your family. Benefits
vary by location but may include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance and travel coverage
- 401(k) (defined contribution) retirement savings, retirement
plan, pension contribution from your first day of employment
- Work/life programs such as parental leave and support, employee
assistance plan, commuter benefits, health club discounts, and
educational/CFA certification reimbursement programs
- Community involvement opportunities with The PIMCO Foundation
in each PIMCO office
Keywords: PIMCO, Newport Beach , Quantitative Developer, Standard Calculator, IT / Software / Systems , Newport Beach, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!