Are you highly organized and passionate about supporting nurses
dedicated to providing patient and family education? Do you have
exceptional knowledge of proper body mechanics? Does working on a
team specializing in interpreting cardiac rhythms excite you? If
you said yes, keep reading – we may have the perfect opportunity
As part of the Telemetry unit at Hoag Memorial Hospital, Newport
Beach, you’ll deliver direct inpatient nursing care as per the
California Nurse Practice Act, and in support of the mission of the
Patient Care Services Division. Being a Hoag Patient Care Assistant
(PCA) means serving our community by collaborating with members of
your team to offer an extraordinary level of patient
Inside Hoag’s Telemetry Unit
Our Telemetry unit has 33 beds and services adult, adolescent,
and geriatric patients suffering from acute cardiac medical and/or
cardiac surgical diagnoses requiring extensive monitoring. You’ll
work under the direction of a licensed Registered Nurse providing
for patient's activities for daily living (ADL), comfort,
nutrition, and hygiene needs. You’ll also take and record clinical
measurements, collect specimens, provide transportation and
maintain equipment and supplies.
Other duties may include:
- Performing bedside patient care by anticipating patient needs,
and prioritizing care accordingly.
- Accurately measuring and recording vital signs, I&O, height
and weight, and ADL, ensuring patient safety is maintained at all
- Performing Accu-Check blood glucose test as
- Informing the Registered Nurse of any changes in patient
condition from previous baseline.
- Performing routine patient admission and discharge duties and
documenting in the patient record.
- Communicating pertinent information at shift report using the
patient plan of care and all appropriate data.
- Assisting in preparing and filing patient charts, and
breaking-down cancelled, discharged or rescheduled patient files as
- Assisting in reinforcement of patient teaching and reporting
patient questions to the RN.
Hoag employees consistently maintain a high standard of
professional communication, appearance and conduct. They’re driven
to excel in patient care, and they’re deeply passionate about their
work. To that end, we’ll expect you to participate in our
continuous quality improvement process and maintain a working
knowledge of departmental and hospital standards, policies and
We’re keen on following safety measures and infection control
protocols, being attentive to details, and having intimate
knowledge of the populations we serve.
Hoag is the Place to Be
We believe that when you join Hoag, you become part of a family.
We’re deeply committed to giving back to those who help us serve
our community, making your ongoing growth and development our
priority. In addition to Pay for Performance salary increases and
sponsored training opportunities, Hoag employees enjoy:
- Annual performance incentives
- Safe Harbor bonuses
- Competitive 401 (k) program with matching
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Nursing Scholarships
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Nursing Clinical Ladder Program
- On-site childcare at our Newport Beach location
- Excellent Medical, Dental and Vision coverage
- On-site Wellness Centers in our Irvine and Newport Beach
campuses that include discounted services for massage therapy,
acupuncture, mediation and mindfulness, yoga, Pilates and fitness
We look for passion, an ownership mentality, and out-of-the box
thinking. If this is you and Hoag sounds like home, please apply. A
member our Talent Acquisition Team will contact you if they want to
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification.
- Current certification as a Nursing Assistant (CNA) from the
state of California or completion of first semester of Registered
Nurse program or equivalency.
- Limited Phlebotomy certification (to be attained within one
year of hire, or Registered Nurse license).
- Recent employment as a CNA.
There’s no Place Like Hoag
Recently, Hoag was recognized as the highest ranked hospital in
Orange County in a 2018-2019 U.S. News & World Report. The
organization was also ranked the #4 hospital in the Los Angeles
Metro Area and the #8 hospital in California.
We’re an industry leader at the cornerstone of exceptional
patient care – but we can’t do it without you.
To learn more about us and see our culture in action, check out
this video on YouTube - https://youtu.be/O7YXZfHmhV4.
- Type: Full Time
- Shift: 3rd (1900-730)
Join the conversation and follow us on Twitter, Instagram and
Hoag is an equal opportunity employer.