Company: McCarthy Building Companies, Inc.
Location: Newport Beach
Posted on: June 8, 2021
Paul Hansen Equipment, Inc. is an underground construction
company that has been serving San Diego for over 50 years. From
complex jobs that require a keen eye to detail, to large scale jobs
that necessitate strong time management skills, Paul Hansen
Equipment, Inc is known for efficiency at getting the job done. We
pride ourselves on customer service and have long-standing
relationships with many of the top builders and general contractors
in San Diego County.
The Project Manager is responsible for overseeing all aspects of
a project during preconstruction and construction to help ensure a
timely and profitable completion is achieved in a professional
manner, providing leadership to the team supporting the project,
and growth and development mentoring / coaching to their direct
Key / Specific Responsibilities:
- Plans and executes projects, including but not limited to
start-up, handoff, chart of accounts, contracts, insurance,
sub-tier pre-qualifications, bonds, permits, quality & safety
programs, schedule, and manpower/equipment planning.
- Owns project contract documentation process to ensure accuracy
and timeliness of RFIs, submittals, drawings, specifications,
progress photos, etc. and all associated changes to these
- Provides clear communication to the project and field
leadership teams regarding project scope requirement, safety
expectations, policies/procedures, and project performance.
- Champions project safety effort, motivating onsite team in the
implementation and adherence to PHE Safety Policies and Procedures.
Performs Monthly Project Safety Inspections.
- Identifies and manages change conditions; price PHE work
scopes, secure subcontractor & vendor pricing, T&M ticket
tracking, prepare/submit change order pricing, client negotiating,
and tracking approval of these payments.
- Manages project Change Order logs; processes owner and
subcontractor change orders once approved.
- Establishes and oversees productivity tracking and project
metrics as established at project kickoff.
- Tracks field time reporting and vendor invoicing approval
- Monitors project cost reports (labor, material, equipment,
sub-subcontractor) and identifies opportunities for
improvements/savings, required maintenance, and problem areas which
may result in cost overruns.
- Continuously monitors project labor to verify project is
properly manned for schedule and budget requirements.
- Manages project financials; accurate monthly WIP reporting,
progress billing preparation, budget creation and accounts
- Oversees the Pay Request Process to maximize PHE's positive
cash flow position. Establish regular and frequent communication to
achieve timely receipt of payments.
- Assists Superintendent and Field Staff to find new means and
methods of construction to increase profitability, quality, and
- Creates, updates, and maintains project schedules when
applicable (or as required) to manage the Work, looking for ways to
expedite construction and predict problems.
- Manages project closeout process (punch list completion and
closeout documentation) to ensure an orderly and efficient closeout
- Maintains a thorough understanding and adheres to all project
Contract Document requirements that affect / impact PHE work scopes
(e.g. drawings, specifications, Sub-Subcontracts, McCarthy Mapping
documents, and all ancillary documents).
- Informs upper management fully and accurately on a consistent
basis with overall project status, particularly with regards to
safety, legal, schedule, cost, and quality.
- Provides direct leadership to the project staff. Mentors and
promotes positive staff morale and resolves potential morale
conflicts with help from the Vice President as needed.
- Implements and monitor the training and development of all
direct employees, coordinating with HR with available programs and
training (Build-U) that may assist employees in their professional
and personal development.
- Champions Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative
Action Programs on the projects.
- Reviews and approves direct reports expense reports.
- Assists Assistant Project Managers, Project Engineers, and
Project Coordinators in carrying out their duties.
- Monitors jobsite use of equipment; working closely with Fleet
Manager to ensure use of owned equipment is maximized and helps
identify opportunities to purchase equipment.
- Thoroughly reviews all bidding documents/requirements
(drawings, specifications, addendums, front ends, etc.)
- Reviews contract (scope, schedule, price, terms, etc.) to help
ensure bid is compliant and all encompassing.
- Provides cost, value engineering, constructability, and
- Supports efforts to complete all prequalification, short
listing, etc. bidding requirements.
- Supports estimating team in soliciting, obtaining, and
reviewing bids from subcontractors, vendors, suppliers, etc.
- Assists in preparing comprehensive bid proposal, including bid
forms, insurance forms and any other necessary documentation.
- Participates in in-depth review of project and proposal with
- Follows-up on bid projects that are pending award.
- Participates in project hand-off meeting with estimating
- Assists effort in creating and finalizing Exit Margin Plan for
all (non-McCarthy) projects $1M or greater.
- Maintains familiarity with HCSS estimating software.
- Cultivates client relationship during execution of the project,
represent the PHE core values.
- Builds and maintains relationships with owners, subcontractors,
sub-subcontractors, vendors, and suppliers to help obtain a
competitive advantage for PHE.
- Builds and maintains relationships with internal McCarthy
Building Companies, Inc. clients.
- Attends industry events and represents PHE to the industry in a
- Identifies potential hiring candidates and participates in
interviews of new hire candidates, as requested.
- Weekly manpower meetings
- Project subcontractor meetings
- Bid review meetings
- Bi-monthly staff meetings
Paul Hansen Equipment is proud to be an equal opportunity and
affirmative action employer regardless of race, color, gender, age,
sexual orientation, gender identity, religious beliefs, marital
status, genetic information, national origin, disability or
protected veteran status.
Keywords: McCarthy Building Companies, Inc., Newport Beach , Project Manager, Other , Newport Beach, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!