Company: Marriott International
Location: Newport Beach
Posted on: June 9, 2021
Posting Date May 21, 2021
Job Number 21048645
Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary
Location Lido House Autograph, 3300 Newport Boulevard, Newport
Beach, California, United States VIEW ON MAP
Brand Autograph Collection Hotels
Position Type Management
Located Remotely? N
Marriott's Autograph Collection features a select group of
upscale and luxury independent partner hotels, each with its own
distinct personality, experience, style and features. Located in
major cities and desirable destinations around the world, Autograph
guests favor hotel stays that reflect their own unique and personal
styles. Be a part of our team and deliver an innovative guest
experiences that resists predictability.
Accountable for overall success of the daily kitchen operations.
Exhibits culinary talents by personally performing tasks while
leading the staff and managing all food related functions. Works to
continually improve guest and associate satisfaction while
maintaining the operating budget. Supervises all kitchen areas to
ensure a consistent, high quality product is produced. Responsible
for guiding and developing staff including direct reports. Must
ensure sanitation and food standards are achieved.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED; 4 years experience in the culinary,
food and beverage, or related professional area.
- 2-year degree from an accredited university in Culinary Arts,
Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 2 years
experience in the culinary, food and beverage, or related
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Ensuring Culinary Standards and Responsibilities are Met
- Assists in developing, designing, or creating new applications,
ideas, relationships, systems, or products, including artistic
- Assists in determining how food should be presented and creates
decorative food displays.
- Supports supervision of kitchen shift operations and ensures
compliance with all Food & Beverage policies, standards and
- Informs purchasing, receiving and food storage standards.
- Ensures compliance with food handling and sanitation
- Performs all duties of kitchen managers and associates as
- Estimates daily production needs on a weekly basis and
communicates production needs to kitchen personnel daily.
- Assists Executive Chef with all kitchen operations.
- Recognizes superior quality products, presentations and
- Ensures compliance with all local, state and federal (e.g.,
OSHA, ASI and Health Department) regulations.
- Follows proper handling and right temperature of all food
- Operates and maintains all department equipment and reports
- Prepares and cooks foods of all types, either on a regular
basis or for special guests or functions.
- Checks the quality of raw and cooked food products to ensure
that standards are met.
Supporting Management of Kitchen Operations
- Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to lead,
influence, and encourage others; advocates sound financial/business
decision making; demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by
- Encourages and builds mutual trust, respect, and cooperation
among team members.
- Demonstrate appropriate behaviors.
- Ensures associates understand expectations and parameters of
kitchen goals and/or daily kitchen work.
- Establishes and maintains open, collaborative relationships
with associates and ensures associates do the same within the
- Ensures property policies are administered fairly and
- Communicates performance expectations in accordance with job
descriptions for each position.
- Recognizes success performance and produces desired
- Leads shifts while personally preparing food items and
executing requests based on required specifications.
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
- Provides services that are above and beyond for customer
satisfaction and retention.
- Sets a positive example for guest relations.
- Empowers associates to provide excellent customer service.
- Strives to improve service performance.
- Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and
- Handles guest problems and complaints.
Maintaining Culinary Goals
- Achieves and exceeds goals including performance goals, budget
goals, team goals, etc.
- Assists in development of specific goals and plans to
prioritize, organize, and accomplish your work.
- Utilizes the Labor Management System to effectively schedule to
business demands and for tracking of associate time and
- Trains associates in safety procedures.
- Provides information to supervisors, co-workers, and
subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in
- Analyzes information and evaluating results to choose the best
solution and solve problems.
- Attends and participates in all pertinent meetings (e.g., Daily
Stand Up, BEO, Pre-Cons, Staff, Forecast, Department and
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We
believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive,
people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any
protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any
other basis covered under applicable law.
Keywords: Marriott International, Newport Beach , Sous Chef, Other , Newport Beach, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!