Rehabilitation Program Manager - Physical Therapist
Company: Healthpro Heritage
Location: Newport Beach
Posted on: June 10, 2021
The primary purpose of the position is the management and
administration of all aspects of rehabilitation services for the
respective communities as well as for maintaining a clinical
The Rehabilitation Program Manager will understand and fulfill
the needs of customers and partners and promote an environment that
ensures superior clinical and fiscal integrity. The Rehabilitation
Program Manager serves as an advocate, educator, liaison and mentor
to interdisciplinary team members to include but not limited to
community staff, home health staff, hospice staff, physicians,
nurses and others.
- Maintains a clinical caseload.
- Demonstrates strong clinical knowledge and understands the role
of rehabilitation for all clinical disciplines and product lines
within the Assisted Living, Independent Living and CCRC
- Understands the Federal, State and Local laws, rules and
regulations related to therapy service delivery in Assisted Living,
Independent Living and CCRC settings and ensures all staff are
compliant with the standards.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of life span growth
and development and assesses data reflective of the resident's
status. Interprets the appropriate information needed to identify
each resident's requirements relative to his or her age specific
needs and provides care according to department policies and
- Demonstrates good planning, organizational and interpersonal
skills necessary to maintain a safe, orderly and goal directed work
environment for self and the therapy team.
- Represents HealthPRO-Heritage in a professional, courteous and
competent manner as the point of contact for all community customer
concerns or issues and problem resolution.
- Acts as a liaison between HealthPRO-Heritage management, Home
Health, Hospice and community administration and is able to
communicate assertively, diplomatically, and clearly through
informal and formal mechanisms.
- Integrates clinical programs and addresses community-specific
needs related to marketing.
- Participates as a member of community based committees, as
needed, to promote mutually developed goals for clinical
programs/marketing while maintaining fiscally responsible time
- Participates in the implementation of Quality Improvement
- Participates in patient care meetings to facilitate open
communication while acting within HIPAA guidelines.
- Provides classes and education to the community, physicians,
other healthcare providers as well as community staff, residents
and their families regarding therapy and facility services.
- Participates in community events that describe therapy
- Plans, schedules coordinates and directs rehabilitation
services for the rehabilitation department including approval of
- Determines staffing needs and schedules to meet the demands of
resident care while assisting with recruiting interviews as
- Promotes positive employee relations by facilitating an
atmosphere of open communication and problem solving through
scheduled team meetings that adhere to all regulatory
- Responsible for conducting performance appraisals of all
rehabilitation personnel, including collaboration and consultation
with supervisory personnel to review performance and establish
- Conducts/oversees documentation audits to ensure timely and
accurate clinical documentation in accordance with regulations,
associated audit policy and procedure, and submits reports to
appropriate supervisory personnel.
- Monitors and assists with personnel compliance standards
including required credentials, corrective actions, and improvement
plans when needed.
- Investigates, follows up and assists in the resolution of
staff, service and resident-related issues as requested.
- Develops special programs for resident participation, such as
fitness, dementia programming, and various protocols for activities
that strengthen and enhance the existing therapy program.
- Provides leadership to and directly manage clinical therapy
staff, facilitating a team atmosphere among staff.
- Represents the ethical standards of the company and
communicates non-compliance to appropriate supervisory
- Willingness to work with severely physically, emotionally and
cognitively compromised residents.
- Willingness to work in environments with risk of personal
injury, exposure to infections, waste materials, infectious
diseases, and odors.
- Must be able to cope with the emotional stress associated with
working with residents, families, and co-workers.
- Must be able to work independently with periodic (daily or
less) support and direction.
- Must have basic knowledge of computers, typing abilities and
willingness to utilize computers on a daily basis.
- Supervises Rehabilitation Technicians, students and volunteers
- Reviews the quality and appropriateness of the total services
delivered and individual therapy programs for effectiveness and
efficiency, using pre-determined criteria.
- Provides treatment in accordance with established standards of
practice, company standards, department procedures and standards
according to company guidelines.
- Consistently demonstrates sound judgment in the evaluation,
planning implementation and follow up of resident therapy
- Reports to work on time and coordinates schedule to achieve
maximum performance standards according to company guidelines.
- Ensures a safe environment and utilizes tools and equipment in
a safe manner complying with all infection control, universal
precautions, and OSHA standards for the healthcare
- Reports all hazardous conditions including incidents, injuries
and equipment to Supervisor/appropriate personnel immediately.
- Responds to and acts appropriately in emergency or disaster
- Adheres to high standards of cleanliness, grooming, hygiene and
- Contributes to a positive work team by sharing information,
using problem-solving methods, accepting new ideas, constructive
feedback and advice from others.
- Adheres to all policies of company, including job descriptions,
certifications requirements, mission statement, HIPAA,
confidentiality standards and resident rights.
- Adapts to changes in responsibilities in a positive manner, is
receptive to new ways of completing tasks, and is flexible in
carrying out assignments.
- Participates in open and direct communication with supervisor
through formal and informal contact.
- Communicates openly and timely and interacts professionally and
respectfully with others including rehabilitation staff, community
staff, residents and families in attending to and meeting their
- Complies with and follow End of Month policies and procedures
to ensure accurate claim submission.
- Prepares and submits requested reports in a timely manner.
- Prepares Additional Development Requests for submission to the
Medicare Administrative Contractor according to company
- Independently analyzes, interprets and achieves budget
expectations on a consistent basis.
- Performs all other duties as assigned and as required to
effectively perform the responsibilities of the position and are in
the best interests of the company.
- Occasional overnight travel required.
- Associate's Degree in an allied health field, Bachelor of Arts
or Science Degree or a Master's Degree.
- Assumes responsibility for ongoing continuing education and
- Must maintain valid state professional licensure
Recruiter : Email Address
Keywords: Healthpro Heritage, Newport Beach , Rehabilitation Program Manager - Physical Therapist, Other , Newport Beach, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!