Concierge - Newport Terrace Senior Living
Company: Atria Senior Living Group, Inc.
Location: Newport Beach
Posted on: June 10, 2021
What's the difference between a job and a meaningful, rewarding
career? The people you serve. When you work at Atria, you have a
front-row seat to the amazing life stories of the wisest people on
earth. What's more, you are part of an extraordinary company - one
that's investing in the future of senior living by investing in
you. Don't just do a job. Be part of an extraordinary life.
Atria is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing
equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color,
religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, age,
national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran status,
or any other classification protected by applicable law. Atria will
not tolerate harassment or discrimination based on any of these
- Serves as point of contact for all resident requests and
telephone calls except those of an emergency nature (includes, but
not limited to helping residents who require assistance making
outgoing calls; answering questions about activities, outings, and
appointment times; putting residents in contact with appropriate
dept. managers; providing stamps; making change).
- Coordinates services for residents and their family members
(includes, but not limited to dry cleaning, grocery and drug store
delivery, dinner reservations, beauty parlor services, theater and
movie tickets, and transportation services; following up after
services were rendered to confirm that they were
- Maintains extremely high standards of customer service
(includes, but not limited to meeting with all new residents and,
when appropriate, their family members within 48 hours of arrival
to explain concierge services; tracking residents' and family
members' concerns and complaints and immediately making department
- Answers questions regarding local stores, attractions and
- Ensures that the lobby area and first floor common areas and
restrooms are at all times clean and welcoming (includes, but not
limited to making sure that background music is appropriate and in
keeping with residents' tastes; ordering fresh floral arrangements
and changing the water daily; doing a 1st floor walk through at the
start of shift and every 2 hours afterwards and communicating with
housekeeping and maintenance staff persons regarding any areas of
- Coordinates the community's transportation schedule (includes,
but not limited to being aware of Engage Life outings and
coordinating medical transportation that does not conflict;
scheduling appointments for residents and, when Atria
transportation is not available, assisting residents in
coordinating alternative transportation; providing written
confirmation of appointments for residents; making reminder calls
to residents prior to medical appointments and Engage Life outings
to help insure that transportation leaves on-time).
- Serves as a liaison between the dining room and residents
(includes, but not limited to accepting guest meal reservations and
communicating these reservations to the dining room manager; making
reminder calls to residents who are not in the dining room at their
scheduled meal time; maintaining R.S.V.P. lists for community
events, family events and holiday meals).
- May supervise the front desk reception staff and drivers;
maintains a working knowledge of the Security/Door Attendant and
Receptionist positions and provides coverage as needed.
- May drive company vehicle from community to social and other
various destinations (only if required by community).
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one
to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent
combination of education and experience.
- Basic First Aid and CPR certification where required.
- Must successfully complete all Atria specified training
- Able to read and comprehend simple instructions, short
correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence.
Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small
group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the
- Able to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and
divide with 10's and 100's.
- Able to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed
but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with
problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized
- Able to work various schedules and shifts as needed.
- Able to operate: telephone, emergency call system, monitoring
board or beeper, photocopier. Able to work various schedules and
shifts as needed.
Keywords: Atria Senior Living Group, Inc., Newport Beach , Concierge - Newport Terrace Senior Living, Other , Newport Beach, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!