PATIENT CARE ASSISTANT - CANCER OP TREATMENT CENTER (Newport Beach, CA, US)
Company: Hoag Memorial Hospital Presbyterian
Location: Newport Beach
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Under the direction of a licensed registered nurse, the Patient
Care Assistant (PCA) will assist in comfort, , and needs for the
adult and geriatric patient. The Patient Care Assistant will take
and record clinical measures, provides transportation, and
maintains equipment and stocking and ordering supplies, as well as
participating in a safe patient care environment.
- Under direction of the RN, performs bedside patient care
anticipating patient needs, prioritizing care.
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care
for assigned patients: accurately measures and records vital signs,
I&O, height and weight, and ADL and records in patient record,
ensures patient safety is maintained at all times and is
- Immediately informs RN of any changes in patient condition from
- Demonstrates knowledge in the use of equipment pertinent to
- Under direction of the RN, performs routine patient admission
and discharge duties and documents in the patient record.
- May assist in preparing charts, filing patient charts, faxing,
breaks-down cancelled, discharged or rescheduled patient files (as
- Reports patient's questions to the RN.
Education, Training and Experience
- High School diploma or equivalent (employees hired prior to
2011 without a HS diploma are grandfathered into their
- Completion of a Nursing Assistant program, or completion of
first semester of RN program, or equivalent to be determined by
Department Director and VP Patient Care Services.
- Recent employment as a Nursing Assistant.
Skills or Other Qualifications
- Demonstrates effective communication, interpersonal skills,
organizational ability, knowledge of proper body mechanics, safety
measures and infection control, ability to follow
- Must be conversant in English and be able to accurately
document in the patient electronic medical record (computerized
- Knowledge of section specific test information and
instrumentation may be required.
License and Certifications
- Current certification as a Nursing Assistant/CNA from the State
of California, or completion of first semester of Registered Nurse
program or equivalent.
- Current BLS certification is required prior to clinical
- Must obtain Limited Phlebotomy certification within one year of
hire as a PCA (or RN license).
Keywords: Hoag Memorial Hospital Presbyterian, Newport Beach , PATIENT CARE ASSISTANT - CANCER OP TREATMENT CENTER (Newport Beach, CA, US), Other , Newport Beach, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!