Director of Human Resources
Company: Lyon Living
Location: Newport Beach
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Lyon Living sets the bar in lifestyle concepts for property
operations all over the West Coast, Rocky Mountains and Southeast.
Whether it be a valued resident, employee or partner, people are
the core of our company. We never forget that. We know that what we
do starts from within our organization. Our teams work hard to
maintain a culture that is conducive to creative thinking,
empowerment and collaboration. We are currently looking to fill a
Director of Human Resources position at our Corporate Office
located in Newport Beach, CA.
The Director of Human Resources is responsible for overseeing
the Human Resources department (internally known as People
Operations) and for the strategic planning of all Human
Resources-related projects and programs for the company.
Essential Job Functions
- Lead the Human Resources team and the daily operations of all
Human Resources-related functions at the company.
- Oversee employee benefits, annual renewals with insurance
brokers, 401k, and compensation administration. Educate employees
about benefits and coordinate open enrollment.
- Oversee the maintenance of employee records, I-9 Forms, PSF
changes, and other necessary employee forms.
- Oversee company-wide recruiting and retention efforts.
- Partner with the VP of Training & Development and Manager of
Culture & Engagement on employee engagement programs.
- Conduct internal investigations on employee relations issues
and present findings and recommendations to leadership.
- Coach and consult with managers and employees on employee
relations issues, performance management, progressive discipline,
diversity, and employee engagement.
- Consult with legal counsel as appropriate on personnel
- Oversee terminations, exit interviews, severance, and COBRA
- Oversee all leave of absences and workers compensation.
- Prepare documentation and coordinate with managers for
- Partner with vendors to ensure changes, upgrades and
enhancements are properly rolled out.
- Ensure compliance with federal, state, and local employment
laws and regulations.
- Bachelors degree
- 10+ years in Human Resources
- Ability to lead and develop the Human Resources team
- General knowledge of employment laws and practices
- Excellent and effective communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills
- Experience within the real estate sector, preferably property
- Multi-state experience
- Masters Degree in a related field
- Bilingual (Spanish)
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and collaborative
relationships with Executive Leaders and team members at all
- Ability to de-escalate conflict amongst team members
- Experience working with HRIS systems
Lyon Living offers competitive compensation and benefits
including medical, dental, and vision plans for eligible employees.
Note, employee housing discounts may be applicable.
Lyon Living is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment
selection and related decisions are made without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or veteran
Pre-employment background check, DMV record search and drug
screening required. Lyon participates in the E-Verify program.
Keywords: Lyon Living, Newport Beach , Director of Human Resources, Other , Newport Beach, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!