Medical Records Receptionist
Location: Newport Beach
Posted on: January 10, 2022
This is an entry level position responsible for processing all
release of information (ROI) specifically medical record requests
in a timely and efficient manner ensuring accuracy and providing
customers with the highest quality product and customer service.
Associate must at all times safeguard and protect the patient's
right to privacy by ensuring that only authorized individuals have
access to the patient's medical information and that all releases
of information are in compliance with the request, authorization,
company policy and HIPAA regulations.
* Full Time Schedule: Monday - Friday 8:30 AM - 5:00 PM
* Location: Newport Beach, CA 92663
* Receive full benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401K,
* Paid time off (including major holidays)
* Receives incoming requests for information and responds to
requests by opening mail, assisting walk-ins and telephone
inquiries, and retrieving facsimile inquiries in a timely
* Date stamps all requests and highlights pertinent data to
* Validates requests and authorizations for release of medical
information according to established procedures and HIPAA
* Completes release of information requests including retrieving
patient's medical charts and returning charts, copying/scanning
medical records accurately and correctly, according to requests,
established procedures, and established standards of quality and
productivity; and electronically transmits medical record to
* Performs quality checks on all work to assure accuracy of the
release, confidentiality, and proper invoicing.
* Maintains equipment in excellent operating condition (inside and
out) and troubleshoot equipment issues with assistance from the
Help Desk department.
* Provides excellent customer service by being attentive,
respectful and professional at all times; insures understanding of
customer request and follows-through as promised; being proactive
in identifying and addressing member concerns, or problems.
* Demonstrates helpful and effective telephone etiquette and
customer service skills by providing appropriate information to
* Maintains a neat, clean, and professional personal appearance and
observes the dress code established by the Company or the member
* Maintains a clean and orderly work area, insures that records and
files are properly stored before leaving area, and insures adequate
supplies to meet customer requests.
* Maintains working knowledge of the current state laws regarding
fee structure, and HIPAA regulations as well as facility policies
and procedures in regards to release of information.
* Ability to maintain regular attendance and punctuality as
scheduled. Notifies Manager, Operations and/or Supervisor if unable
to adhere to daily schedule.
* Adheres to all Company time and attendance policies or applicable
law covering meal breaks and rest periods. Records all accurate
work hours in the Company's designated time keeping system daily
and adheres to the Company's overtime policy and procedures for
requesting time off or change in schedule.
* Works within scope of position and direction; willingly accepts
assignments and is available to take on additional member
facilities and assist with ROI backlogs.
* Performs responsibilities in accordance with the Company's and
member facilities policies and procedures and state and federal
labor regulations and works to minimize confidentiality
* Maintains confidentiality, information security and ethical
behavior when handling all Company and medical records information
during transport, storage and disposal. Will not remove medical
records information from member site unless written authorization
is provided by the facility's HIM Director, Company Manager and/or
Supervisor and Vice President of Operations.
* Attends and participates in required educational training
sessions and staff meetings as scheduled and assigned.
* Ability to adapt to change and respond to difficult and
challenging situations in a professional manner.
* Accepts new assignments willingly to meet business needs.
* Communicates with Manager on an on-going basis, providing
information and data as requested including member's changing needs
* Promptly reports to Manager any customer service concerns and/or
any potential HIPAA violations whether actual or perceived.
* Informs Manager of site or work difficulties, special project
requests from facility, and fluctuating volume in daily
* Ability to accurately and efficiently utilize a computer for data
input, retrieval of data and all other tasks associated with
release of information services and time reporting.
* Ability to work with minimum supervision, organize workload and
prioritize work tasks to meet production goals.
* Ability to recognize emergency situations within context of job
duties and communicate potential issues to Supervisor and/or
* Maintains knowledge of safety procedures to ensuring a safe work
environment and reports safety concerns to Supervisor and/or
* Maintains a current and valid driver's license and insures
personal automobile insurance is in force and will be maintained,
in at least the amounts required by state law, on any automobile or
transportation that is use in connection with Company duties.
* Checks the Company's and other assigned email and communication
systems such as REP Online and member assigned email on a daily
basis. Utilizes assigned tools within established guidelines.
Performs other tasks as assigned including but not limited to
working at facilities within 50 miles of principal site as business
* Adheres to the Company's Code of Conduct and business
* A High School Diploma or GED is required.
* Must be able to communicate effectively in the English
* Administrative experience in an office setting; previous release
of information, medical records, or other related experience in a
healthcare environment is preferred.
* Proven customer service experience and/or training.
* Ability to effectively use computer software and technology as
required by the member facility including Microsoft Word and
* Ability to understand and become knowledgeable of Release of
Information standards, policies & procedures and HIPAA regulations
and to complete work in compliance of these and other
* Ability to read and comprehend simple, healthcare terminology
* Effective verbal and written communication skills.
* Effective organizational skills a must
* Ability to use fax, copier, microfilm machine, and multiline
phone system and other required work tools
To ensure the safety of patients and staff, many of our clients
require post-offer health screenings and proof and/or completion of
various vaccinations such as the flu shot, Tdap, COVID-19, etc. Any
requests to be exempted from these requirements will be reviewed by
Ciox Human Resources and determined on a case-by-case basis.
Depending on the state in which you will be working, exemptions may
be available on the basis of disability, medical contraindications
to the vaccine or any of its components, pregnancy or
pregnancy-related medical conditions, and/or religion.
With very limited exceptions (medical conditions or sincerely held
religious beliefs that prohibit you from getting the vaccine), one
of the requirements for this job is that you be fully vaccinated
* Except for states where legally prohibited to enforce
Keywords: CIOX, Newport Beach , Medical Records Receptionist, Other , Newport Beach, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!