Company: City Cruises
Location: Newport Beach
Posted on: September 23, 2022
City Experiences is seeking a Server to work on our vessels at
City Cruises Newport Beach.
City Experiences' passion is to provide amazing experiences on land
and water. Our 40-year success through organic growth and
acquisitions has resulted in a portfolio of over 25+ brands that
welcome upwards of 30 million guests/riders annually. If you're an
enthusiastic team player who thrives in an environment where
communication, creativity, and cooperation are encouraged, this may
just be the opportunity for you.
About the Opportunity:
The position of Steward on board a yacht is responsible for
ensuring the overall guest experience on all public cruises and
private charters. Provide quality dining and attentive service to
our guests in a variety of food & beverage related tasks.
Successful candidates will possess the ability to stay calm and
composed in a fast-paced environment and display the willingness to
be a team player, handling bar duties and assisting with vessel
preparation and closure. Days, evenings and weekend shifts
available.This person will be adaptable, dynamic, and embody City
Experiences' RESPECT Service System.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Must be organized, self-motivated, able to multi-task, and
proactive, with a strong attention to detail
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of all supply and storage
- Exercise good judgment, flexibility, creativity, and
sensitivity in response to changing situations and needs
- Work and collaborate with the operations team and back of house
crew to create amazing guest experiences
- Ability to multitaskand work at a fast pace while maintaining
poise and grace.
- Setup and breakdown dining room, prep areas, equipment and
stations for events.
- Accurately take food and beverage orders, relaying them to the
- Broad knowledge of fine dining setup and proper
- Follow established cash handling procedures
- Serve patrons food & beverage orders quickly, following
- Check I.D. on any customer ordering alcohol who looks under 30
- Maintains attendance and punctuality that is observant of
scheduled hours on a regular basis.
- Willingness to be a team player and assist with vessel
preparation and closure
- Loading and unloading food and supplies onto boats as
- Maintain specified grooming practices and uniform
- Ensure a clean and safe work environment, according to standard
- Assist back of house staff in breaking down equipment and
cleaning the yacht at the end of shift
- Attend and participate in safety meetings on board yacht and
any other designated meetings deemed necessary by
- Follow department policies and procedures related to safety and
security protocol on vessel, assigned duties, and company
- Additional job duties as assigned.
Requirements & Qualifications:
- Minimum 6 months food service experience preferred
- Minimum 6 months hospitality experience, with knowledge of
food, wine, and spirits
- 21 years or older
- Food Handler Certification required; TIPS certification
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Must be able to obtain a TWIC and MMC.
- Experience with a Point of Service (POS) system.
- Day's evenings, weekend's and holiday shifts are available. A
Flexible schedule is required.
The RESPECT Service System embodies City Experiences' mission,
vision, values and operating principles. By creating a company
culture that puts RESPECT at its core, we believe it will drive us
to achieve our goal of becoming a Global Experiences and
City Experiences is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and
Affirmative Action employer. We prohibit discrimination and
or/harassment of any type, including but not limited to
discrimination and or harassment based upon race, religion,
religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship,
sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender
expression, age, pregnancy or relation medical conditions,
childbirth, breastfeeding, parental status, veteran and/or military
status, disability (physical or mental) medical condition, genetic
information or characteristics, political affiliation, domestic
violence survivor status, marital status, or other characteristics
prohibited by federal, state, or local law. Additional, City
Experiences participates in the E-Verify program in certain
Keywords: City Cruises, Newport Beach , Yacht Server, Other , Newport Beach, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!