Program Dean, Oxbridge Academic Programs
Location: Newport Beach
Posted on: January 20, 2023
WorldStrides is the global leader in educational travel and
experiential learning. The company was founded over 50 years ago
and has grown to provide a wide range of programs for more than
550,000 students annually from more than 5,000 K12 schools and
universities to over 100 countries around the world. WorldStrides
offers experiential learning programs in educational travel,
performing arts, language immersion, career exploration,
service-learning, study abroad, and sports. Each of these
experiences helps students to see beyond the classroom and to see
the world - and themselves - in new ways.
A Program Dean provides their program with pastoral support for the
students, and with professional, pedagogical support for the
Faculty where requested or required. Program Deans are seasoned
counselors or classroom teachers who are currently employed in
middle and high schools of good standing.
- Part-time (approximately 48 hours per week) while the program
is in session.
- Must be flexible while the program is operational - to include
weekend or holiday work.
- Take responsibility for implementing student discipline,
upholding program policies and regulations, and attending to the
welfare of the student body - including the students' emotional and
- Live in residence for the duration of "Prep Week" and the
duration of the program.
- Participate in program set-up ("Prep Week"). During this time,
the Program Deans will work from approximately 9:00am to 5:00pm
- Work a number of shifts, to be determined during Prep Week, in
the program office each week, from either 8:00am till 4:00pm, or
from 4:00pm till 12:00am midnight, daily during the four weeks of
- Be available ("on-call") to respond to emergency situations, or
to provide additional support to the administration, when required
outside of time on-shift.
- Assist with the planning and administration of program field
- Attend once-weekly Administration Meetings and once-weekly
- Assist on Arrival and Departure Days.
At WorldStrides, the experience is everything. By joining our team
you help provide moments that delight and open up the world of
learning. Our team is truly passionate about making each experience
a once in a lifetime opportunity for each traveler that is easy to
manage from A to Z. Each journey is different, which is why we
offer a broad range of experiential learning programs for groups
and individuals of all ages throughout their lifelong learning
If we've learned anything over this last year, it's that being able
to experience different places and things while interacting with
new people is imperative to not only personal growth but also to
general well-being. So, let's get out there-together. To learn more
about our brand, our mission and our commitment to health and
safety, please visit our website at www.worldstrides.com.
We also take COVID protocols very seriously and are committed to
the health and safety of our team members, participants, vendors
and partners which is why we've put extensive measures in place
around mandatory vaccinations, PPE and other safety guidelines that
follows both the CDC and World Health Organizations guidance.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, WorldStrides` is committed to
building a diverse workforce, supported by an environment that
promotes inclusion and belonging. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics,
protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state
or local laws.
- Must be currently employed in a middle- or high-school of good
- Excellent analytical and decision-making skills, with an
ability to stay calm in a crisis.
- Personable and approachable, and able to be a strong
representative of their program.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Master's degree (or higher) in Education, Education Management,
or Child Psychology, or a related topic, preferred.
Keywords: WorldStrides, Newport Beach , Program Dean, Oxbridge Academic Programs, Other , Newport Beach, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!