Managed Services System Engineer / Solutions Architect
Company: Bowman Williams
Location: Newport Beach
Posted on: January 25, 2023
Managed Services System Engineer / Solutions Architect Managed
Services System Engineer / Solutions Architect Managed Services
System Engineer / Solutions Architect DescriptionWe are seeking a
new crucial member for our Engineering team to support our clients'
infrastructure. We are looking for an experienced Managed Services
System Engineer / Solutions Architect who loves learning on the job
and relishes the opportunity to be inventive about spearheading
innovation in the systems and tools that run our infrastructure.The
ideal team member will dive into learning the existing systems and
apply their extensive technical knowledge in Active Directory,
systems management, cloud (Microsoft Azure & O365) and automation
to maintain the existing infrastructure on a small collaborative
team as well as constructively recommend and implement
improvements.We are looking for a high-level Managed Services
System Engineer / Solutions Architect who wishes to take their
career to the next level by joining our Engineering team. Our
unique culture allows employees to grow and develop technically
while working at a company that encourages creativity, mentoring,
knowledge sharing, and inclusion.Managed Services System Engineer /
Solutions Architect Primary Responsibility: Responsible for
implementation of architectural design of hardware, software and/or
- KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS/ABILITY: Intermediate to advanced knowledge
of: OSs and distributions, Cloud, patching, monitoring, RAID,
security, web servers, cluster management, high availability, root
cause analysis, systems optimization, configuration and source code
management, database administration, scripting language,
auth/directory services, backups, caching, SSL certificates,
storage, packet analysis, PowerShell, hardware, virtualization,
networking, firewalls, load balancing, troubleshooting, stack trace
analysis, methodologies of design and implementation. Understand
automation principles and design.
- JOB COMPLEXITY: Windows System Engineer / Solutions Architect
is responsible for implementation of architectural design of
hardware, software, networking, and cloud infrastructures. Analyzes
systems and determines business requirements. Ensures completeness
and compatibility of the technical infrastructure to support system
performance. Keeps informed of new technology.
- SUPERVISION: Normally receives little instruction on day-to-day
work. General instructions on new assignments. Mentors junior
- EXPERIENCE/EDUCATION: Requires a minimum of 4 years Windows
system engineering experience, including systems administration or
engineering experience. Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a
related technical field preferred. MCSE preferred.Managed Services
System Engineer / Solutions Architect Day to day:
- Collaborate with our vCIO's account management & sales
- Work with clients through the design and proposal stage
- Design solutions that mesh ideally with an enterprise
- Recommend best practices for the entire solution.
- Comply with all technical and business requirements.
- Scrutinize project constraints to analyze alternatives,
mitigate risks, and conduct process re-engineering, as
- Select the technology stack and perform a resource
- Act as a liaison between the technical and sales teams to
convert requirements into outcomes.
- Conduct an architectural system evaluation.
- Analyze technology environment.
- Analyze technical and business requirements.
- Define a procedure and process to ensure solution
- Create a solution prototype.
- Take part in the technology selection.
- Comply with strategic guidelines and architecture.
- Control the solution development.
- Collaborate with project management and IT development
teams.Managed Services System Engineer / Solutions Architect
benefits:This is a full-time position and thus the Managed Services
System Engineer / Solutions Architect will be provided all the
benefits that come with being a full-time employee including---
- 100% employer-paid health/medical insurance
- 401k and match
- Unlimited PTO policy (after 1 year)
- Career path to management*Actual salary for the Managed
Services System Engineer / Solutions Architect chosen shall
commensurate with experience* Opportunity Location Newport Beach,
CA Proposed Salary $110,000 - $140,000Bowman Williams is a national
specialized staffing firm for Cloud Service Providers and Managed
Service Providers. Ranked by Forbes as one of America's top 200
Best Staffing Firms in America, we are a good resource for
candidates looking to advance their careers in the Cloud Solutions
and Services industry.
Keywords: Bowman Williams, Newport Beach , Managed Services System Engineer / Solutions Architect, Other , Newport Beach, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!