Company: CalPrivate Bank
Location: Newport Beach
Posted on: May 23, 2023
Responsible for ensuring the Bank maintains an adequate and
effective Regulatory Compliance Program by continuously monitoring
and evaluating the regulatory landscape, identifying potential
risks and advising on appropriate courses of action. Ensures the
Bank's compliance with all applicable laws, regulations, and rules
governing operations and product offerings by maintaining written
policies and procedures.Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the overall management of Compliance directives
for the Bank; Advise the Board of Directors, Senior Mgt and Bank
personnel of emerging compliance issues.
- Participate in various committees, audits and examinations;
chairs the Management Compliance Committee and responsible for its
management of charter, meetings, materials and minutes.
- Maintain organization and monitoring of compliance related
processes through Bank's Compliance Certifications.
- Keep abreast of regulatory changes. Provide investigative
research & advice on compliance related topics.
- Identify root causes and corrective actions and formulate
solutions that minimize the impact of identified compliance
- Manage the Bank's formal complaint process.
- Ensure Bank maintains an effective training program that covers
job-specific and overall required compliance training for staff,
management and Board of
- Directors, fostering a culture of compliance and awareness
within the organization including managing the Bank's online
compliance training software and reporting.
- Responsible for the compliance monitoring of the Bank's
e-signature software and reporting.
- Perform compliance reviews on all marketing, advertisements and
new business initiatives and services to ensure compliance with
- Responsible for on-going HMDA loan application register
maintenance and annual reporting activities.
- Overseeing internal audits and investigations, addressing any
identified issues promptly and thoroughly. Gathering, coordinating
and responding to compliance related examinations as directed by
the Risk Manager.
- Collaborating with external partners, such as legal advisors,
government officials, and industry associations to stay informed of
regulatory changes and best practices.
- Responsible for ensuring that compliance risk is appropriately
identified, measured, managed and mitigated appropriate for the
size and complexity of the
- Bank's business practices and objectives in conjunction with
Bank's Enterprise Risk Management program.
- Participate in other projects and actions as directed from time
to time by the Risk ManagerBSA/AML/
Compliance ResponsibilitiesThis position includes indirect
interaction with customers via contact with branch personnel and
therefore includes responsibilities relating to BSA/AML. The
employee will have opportunity to examine and view information and
documents produced by other employees of the Bank relating to BSA
and therefore has the obligation to report activity to the BSA
Officer as appropriate. The employee is responsible for
understanding and following the Bank's BSA/AML policies including
elevating suspicious activity to the BSA Officer. Additionally, the
employee is required to understand and follow the Bank's compliance
program.Physical DemandsWhile performing the duties of this job the
employee is frequently required to sit, stand, use hands to finger,
handle, or feel, reach with hands or arms and talk or hear. The
employee is occasionally required to walk, balance and stoop, kneel
or crouch. The employee must occasionally lift, and/or move up to
10lbs and occasionally move up to 25lbs. Specific vision abilities
required by this job include close vision and the ability to focus.
In the performance of duties of this job the employee may be
required to travel occasionally.OtherTravel between branches is
required. Flexibility with job hours is required; late or weekend
hours may be required.Requirements
Qualifications & Competencies
- 6+ years compliance and/or risk management experience or
- 8+ years banking experience
- Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager (CRCM) or equivalent
- Performance Standards and Competencies NeededProblem Solving
- Possesses strong analytical abilities and problem-solving
skills; maintain a sense of ownership over tasks, including
- Excellent ability to perform research and leverage various
resources, including the Internet.
- Proficient PC skills to include spreadsheet, word-processing,
database systems and other software utilized by the
- Maintains a strong understanding of banking laws and
regulations and controls to effectively address and provide
guidance on lending and deposit compliance related operational
- Ability to determine timing/criticality of projects/tasks,
manage expectations and deliver work within expected
- Ability to perform with minimal supervision. Seeks help, asks
questions, observes and utilizes resources consistently.
- Excellent organizational, time management and project
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize projects.Communication
- Possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with
ability to work effectively across various departments and levels
of the organization.
- Possess quality written/verbal communication and presentation
skills which allow for the completion of effective reports and
- Ability to meet the expectations for the role within compliance
and communicate well with various departments and employees as
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, with a
high degree of accountability and responsibility.
- Ability to give and welcome feedback.
- Actively contributes to building a positive team spirit.
- Balances team and individual responsibilities.Salary
Min: $109,000; Mid: $131,000; Max: $151,000Our Career Benefits &
Team Member CommitmentsOur mission is driven through
Relationships,Solutions and Trust. This is built by our incredible
Team Members.Learn about our benefits and our mission to provide a
DistinctlyDifferent --- banking experience.
Keywords: CalPrivate Bank, Newport Beach , Compliance Officer, Other , Newport Beach, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...