Location: Newport Beach
Posted on: September 15, 2023
Who we are
With its A.I.-powered robotic technology platform, Symbotic is
changing the way consumer goods move through the supply chain.
Intelligent software orchestrates advanced robots in a
high-density, end-to-end system - reinventing warehouse automation
for increased efficiency, speed and flexibility.
What You'll Do
As a Cell Operator, you will be responsible for system upkeep and
operations of automated adapters used to interface with the
Symbotic structure. You will be responsible for assisting with
system readiness to achieve performance targets as defined by
leadership. You will also be responsible for utilizing
Human/Machine Interface terminals to effectively operate
In This Role
- Perform pre-production checks on automated adapters ensuring
equipment is in 'ready to run' state.
- Process and monitor the flow of the automated storage and
retrieval system, through means of the adapters, including manual
inbound, automatic inbound, automatic outbound, to achieve maximum
throughput and cases per hour.
- Prepare pallets for induction into the Symbotic storage and
- Assess cause of system stoppage and return to service using
Human/Machine Interface (HMI) and manual intervention.
- Communicate and escalate all issues impacting production
immediately to operational leadership.
- Contribute to overall system uptime through system
preservation, robot recovery, suspect removal, and bot health
- Perform periodic system inspections including cleaning,
lubrication, tolerance checking, component validation.
- Report all out of spec conditions and perform root cause
corrective action and m aintain continuous operation of system
- Monitor and utilize common radio etiquette while obtaining
instructions from leadership and operational leads.
- Perform rover bot upkeep to include, but not limited to,
replacing wheels, cleaning, ESD brushes, sensors, etc.
- Responsible for automated robotic vehicle recovery in the
Symbotic Matrix select system to include working in restrictive
- Other duties as assigned by leadership.
What You'll Need
- Associate degree or equivalent experience or certification in
electronics, automotive, automation, manufacturing or equivalent
- A minimum of 1 year of experience with mechanical automation
systems, educational or training equivalent.
- Be proficient in performing all System Inspection functions
including: cleaning, lubrication, tolerance checking, current
measurements, and checking electrical systems
- Ability to prioritize work to gain maximum uptime and
throughput from an automated cell.
- Demonstrates commitment and ability to work safely.
- Ability to work independently of supervisor following
procedures and manuals.
- Ability to Multi-task and perform multiple job functions at
Other Important Information
- There will be steep stairs to climb into the structure.
- You will regularly be near railings that are high off the
- Subject to environmental conditions, protection from weather
conditions but not necessarily temperature changes. Must be capable
of working in temperatures ranging from 105 to 32 Fahrenheit.
- If the site location is in construction, you will be required
to wear proper PPE (hard hat, safety vest, steel toes, eyeglasses,
ear protection, fall protection (e.g., safety harness ).
- Frequent ability to safely and efficiently lift items weighing
up to 50lbs and move items weighing up to 80lbs.
- Stand/walk for up to 10-12 hours and is frequently required to
walk and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee is routinely required to work at heights of up to
45 feet and within restrictive areas of 24 inches. to stand; climb
or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Must be capable of occasional and/or continuous feeling,
seeing, hearing, bending, twisting, stooping, pushing, pulling,
balancing, gripping, climbing, crawling, sitting, handling objects,
and repetitive movement using both hands and feet. Must comply with
all safety requirements and protocols, including without limitation
Lock out tag out safety protocols and fall protection safety
The base range for this position in Irvine, California is $25.00 -
$27.00 per hour; however, base pay offered may vary depending on
job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. The compensation
package includes medical, dental, vision, disability, 401K, PTO
and/or other benefits .
Symbotic is an automation technology leader reimagining the supply
chain with its end-to-end, AI-powered robotic and software
platform. Symbotic reinvents the warehouse as a strategic asset for
the world's largest retail, wholesale, and food & beverage
companies. Applying next-gen technology, high-density storage and
machine learning to solve today's complex distribution challenges,
Symbotic enables companies to move goods with unmatched speed,
agility, accuracy and efficiency. As the backbone of commerce the
Symbotic platform transforms the flow of goods and the economics of
supply chain for its customers. For more information, visit .
We are a community of innovators, collaborators and pioneers who
embrace our differences, because we know unique perspectives make
us stronger and smarter. Every perspective matters. We depend on
the collective voices of our employees, customers and community to
help guide us as we build a better place to work - for you and the
world. That's why we're proud to be an equal opportunity
We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry,
religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age,
citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity,
gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.
Keywords: Symbotic, Newport Beach , Cell Operator, Other , Newport Beach, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!