Company: CFA Institute
Location: Newport Beach
Posted on: November 19, 2023
We are a leading global asset management firm with over 3,000
employees across 20 offices in 15 countries; we help millions of
investors around the world pursue their financial goals. We hire
critical thinkers. People who thrive in a collaborative culture
like ours where we solve real problems while building the future of
- Are excited to be part of a vibrant engineering community that
values diversity, hard work, and continuous learning.
- Love solving complex real-world business problems.
- Recognize that cross-functional collaboration is a core
component of success for the team.
- Believe there are multiple ways to solve most technical
problems and are willing to debate the trade-offs.
- Have become a stronger engineer by making mistakes and learning
- Are a doer, someone who wants to grow their career and gain
experience across technologies and business functions. We
- Continuously invest in a high-performance and inclusive
culture, in which a diversity of backgrounds, experiences and
viewpoints are celebrated and valued.
- Encourage career mobility, so you can benefit from learning
different functions and technologies, and we gain the benefits of
your experience across teams.
- Run technology pro bono programs that help the non-profit
community and give our engineering community opportunities to
volunteer and participate.
- Offer education reimbursements and ongoing training in
technology, communication, and diversity & inclusion.
- Embrace knowledge sharing through lunch-and-learns, demos, and
- Consider our people to be our greatest asset-we will help you
learn what PIMCO Technology has to offer so you can participate in
activities that benefit your career while delivering impactful
technology solutions. Position Description: This position will be
heavily focused on providing personalized "white-glove" service to
end users. This position will also be tasked with day-to-day
responsibilities to move, add, and change configuration across
various products. These products include but are not limited to
Cisco Video Conferencing, and a variety of A/V. This position
requires good judgment and a poised approach to support and
troubleshooting. The successful candidate will have a minimum of 5
years prior experience within a conferencing A/V environment, be an
individual contributor, responsible for delivering expert service
to clients. The Telemedia Engineer must be able to follow complex
video design and implementation scopes including network topology
and various Cisco Unified Communications & Collaboration solutions.
This requires someone with a multi-faceted skill set who would be
handling multiple management portals and contributing to the firm's
ongoing projects. Responsibility:
- Working hours and change management must be done at various
times and will include nights and weekends.
- Perform daily quality assurance activities to ensure uptime and
- Demonstrate superior ability to manage and navigate complex
- Responsible for overseeing Telemedia video projects
- Create and maintain all project documents, including drawings,
specifications, scope of work, and maintenance schedules
- Maintain a thorough understanding of associated products within
Telemedia including but not limited to; Zoom Cloud, Microsoft
Teams, Cisco Webex, Cisco video conference software/hardware, basic
firewall, streaming applications, Crestron, Biamp
- Facilitate occasional trainings to team members and/or endusers
- Create and manage project plans, schedule, and roadmap for
- Function as an SME for internal and external communication and
documentation for associated products within Telemedia
- Coordinate activities with local facilities, carriers, and
support vendors as required.
- Communicate effectively advocating all needs and requirements
to meet project goals.
- Proactively manage change control requests and the change order
- Regularly inspect video conference rooms for quality of
environment as preventative measures.
- Ensure all A/V components within office meet Telemedia
standards and expectations
- Meet all targets and SLAs as it pertains to incidents
identified in ServiceNow and Projects tracked within Jira
- Troubleshoot and support A/V network environment which may
include modifying Cisco Routers/Switches (layer 2 & 3), loading
configurations, and coordinating with Telco/3rd party
- Navigate complex problems to resolution by utilizing various
resources such as vendors; manufacturers; internal technicians and
- Ensure inbound service requests and critical alerts are handled
in a timely manner
- Maintain a high level of customer professionalism in all
mediums of communication (in person, video, telephony and
- Assist in ensuring that service tickets and calls are
adequately logged and are updated and relevant
- Assist in ensuring that vendors meet obligations on time and
- Develop and foster relationships interdepartmentally and
- Process customer repair requests by coordinating with vendors
and manufacturers. (RMA's)
- Using various management portals move, add, and change, user
phone configurations, voice mail, and other basic programming.
- Excellent academic achievement and experience equivalent to a
four-year college degree in Computer Science, Electronics or a
telec ommunications related field.
- Strong working knowledge of A/V, Video Conferencing,
Networking, and Unified Collaboration System Technologies
- Requires analytical and technical skill to troubleshoot
equipment, diagnose, and resolve issues.
- Possess the mentality to provide "white-glove" level service by
telephone, email, and in person.
- Basic understanding of VMWare and virtualization
- Experience with Cisco Unified Communications Manager 11.x or
- Basic understanding in layer 2 and 3 Cisco route/switch
- Proficiency in common office productivity software such as
Microsoft Office, Lucid Charts, and Service Now
- Must be organized, and work within a team environment, capable
of earning trust from all levels of management and present a
- Must be flexible to meet emergency deadlines that may fall
outside of normal work hours, and must be a good crisis manager and
work well under pressure.
- Must possess elite time management skills to support a large
capacity of users.
- Motivated self-starter that requires minimal direction and is
able to prioritize and organize their workload
- Dependable and responsible contributor committed to excellence,
capable of learning new products and technologies. Abilities
- CCNA or higher Route Switch and/or Collaboration
- Understanding of WAN/LAN Topologies
- Basic Wireless Protocols, and support
- CTS certification PIMCO follows a total compensation approach
when rewarding employees which includes a base salary and a
discretionary bonus. Base salary is the fixed component of
compensation that is determined by core job responsibilities,
relevant experience, internal level, and market factors. The
discretionary bonus is used to award performance and therefore is
determined by company, business, team, and individual performance.
Salary Range: $ 83,000.00 - $ 92,500.00 Equal Employment
Opportunity and Affirmative Action Statement PIMCO recruits and
hires qualified candidates without regard to race, national origin,
ancestry, religion (including religious dress and grooming
practices), sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or
related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender (including
gender identity and expression), age, military or veteran status,
disability (physical or mental), any factor prohibited by law, and
as such affirms in policy and practice to support and promote the
concept of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action, in
accordance with all applicable federal, state, provincial and
municipal laws. The company also prohibits discrimination on other
basis such as medical condition, or marital status under applicable
laws. Applicants with Disabilities PIMCO is an Equal Employment
Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We provide reasonable
accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities,
including veterans, in job application procedures. If you have any
difficulty using our online system due to a disability and you
would like to request an accommodation, you may contact us at
949-720-7744 and leave a message. This is a dedicated line designed
exclusively to assist job seekers with disabilities to apply
online. Only messages left for this purpose will be considered. A
response to your request may take up to two business days.
Keywords: CFA Institute, Newport Beach , Telemedia Specialist, Other , Newport Beach, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!