Company: Balboa Bay Resort & Club
Location: Newport Beach
Posted on: January 17, 2023
Balboa Bay Resort - Newport Beach, CA
$30.00 - $35.00 Hourly
Starting rate: $30 per hour and sign-on bonus up to $1,000.00 after
Position Summary: Supervise Engineering team members. Position has
overall responsibility for building maintenance and protection,
grounds landscaping and maintenance, guest and associate
satisfaction. Certified or proficient in three or more areas of
hotel maintenance and repair, including HVAC, Plumbing and
Electrical. The position ensures Engineering operations meets the
brand's target customer needs, ensures associate
- Responsible for supervising and performing repairs in and
around the hotel requiring expertise in areas of HVAC, plumbing and
electrical. Performs expert level maintenance and repairs based on
individual's certification/proficiency, ability, experience, skill
level and training. Works in any areas requiring assistance as
assigned and based on business need. Repairs include, carpentry,
mechanics, plumbing, electrical, refrigeration repairs, finish
work, HVAC repairs, etc.
- Responsibilities include responding to guest and departmental
calls for service and quick and timely manner. Escalates unresolved
issues to other engineers or management as needed to complete
repairs and provide high level of guest satisfaction.
- Monitors day-to-day Engineering operations to ensure facilities
exceed guest expectations and meet or exceed property standards.
Uses computer to receive work orders and record work performed.
Keeps timely and accurate records. Takes or recommends corrective
action as needed.
- Inspects, maintains, repairs and replaces parts found
throughout the property, such as machinery, repair/cleaning of
drains, replacing light bulbs and filters, etc. Performs preventive
maintenance on tools and maintains all tools and equipment used in
performance of the job. Keeps tools orderly and in good working
- Maintain safe environment throughout hotel for all team members
and guests. Assists in ensuring all emergency equipment and systems
are inspected, tested and certified per standards. Provides team
members with information about safe use of systems and
- Assists in inventory for supplies and equipment and
communicates the need for new supplies. May drive hotel vehicle to
pick up needed parts or supplies. Participates in weekly/monthly
- Resolves guest complaints within scope of authority, otherwise
refers the matter to management. Notifies supervisor and/or
Security of all unusual events, circumstances, missing items, or
alleged theft. Responds to guest and internal requests for
service/repair as assigned.
- Three or more years of related progressively responsible hotel
or building maintenance/facilities management experience with one
year of lead experience in a similar setting. Able to work
independently with minimal guidance and as part of a team.
- Vocational schooling, military training, certification and/or
experience in building related trades required in one or more of
the following areas: HVAC, electrical, plumbing, and carpentry.
HVAC certification is required.
- Prior experience working in a hospitality environment and able
to deliver outstanding customer service.
- Prior experience working with Hotsos inputs and orders.
- Requires ability to lead others in the department by mentoring
and providing training that results in staff that meets/exceeds
expectations and provides a high level of quality maintenance and
- Uses logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and
weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to
problems. Requires attention to detail. Must be able to solve
problems and remain calm and alert if dealing with difficult guest,
during busy activity periods or in an emergency.
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to handle multiple
tasks. Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety
of concrete variables in situations where only limited
standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of
instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule
- Requires valid Drivers' license in good standing.
- Must be able to speak, read and write English. Bilingual
ability to communicate in Spanish preferred.
- Requires ability to perform basic math skills such as addition,
subtraction, multiplication, and division. Requires basic computer
skills and ability to use computer systems used at the
- Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, team
members may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the
business needs of the hotel. Work schedules will include working on
holidays, weekends, and alternate shifts.
Must maintain a clean and appearance and professional demeanor
Keywords: Balboa Bay Resort & Club, Newport Beach , Engineering Supervisor, Professions , Newport Beach, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!