Automation Maintenance Technician II
Location: Newport Beach
Posted on: September 15, 2023
Who We Are
Our work matters - robotics is transforming the world of commerce.
Every day our intelligent robots are responsible for getting food
and merchandise to thousands of stores across North America. We're
an industry changer - we created the first and only fully
autonomous, end-to-end supply chain solution. Today, we are driving
towards even bigger ideas - and we have the people, technology and
leadership to fully realize these aspirations. We have
theexcitement and ambition of a startup with the benefits and
resources of a proven organization.
What You'll Do
Symbotic is seeking an Automation Maintenance Technician II who
will repair and calibrate our automated and robotic systems. These
systems are Symbotic's Automated Adapters, Vertical Lifts, and
Symbotic's fleet of automated robotic vehicles. An Automation
Maintenance Technician II will become the system expert of
Symbotic's automation, including all mechanical, PLC, electrical or
electronic subsystems . You will also be responsible for system
upkeep and operations of automated adapters used to interface with
the Symbotic structure .
In This Role
- Perform inspections on systems associated with Automated
Storage and Retrieval System of automated robotic vehicles and
Automated Adapters/ Lifts.
- Lead continuous operation by adjusting, calibrating, repairing,
replacing or modifying system components.
- Process and monitor the flow of the automated storage and
retrieval system, through means of the adapters, including manual
inbound, automatic inbound, automatic outbound, to achieve maximum
throughput and cases per hour.
- Troubleshoot automated robotic vehicle anomalies and stoppages
using schematic and wiring diagrams as well as advanced test
- Perform periodic system inspections within expected durations
on all equipment and thoroughly document all actions and repairs to
include parts used and labor. Ensure quality maintenance and
complete documentation via the Computerized Maintenance Management
- Effective communication of production impacting problems and
suggested actions, including approximate time required for
corrective and emergency maintenance to required team members.
- Must be able to work in a dynamic environment and change course
based on immediate business needs.
- Cleanup of equipment and removal of replaced parts from work
areas after repairs are completed.
- Responsible for automated robotic vehicle recovery in the
Symbotic Matrix select system to include working in restrictive
- Responsible for minor utility work such as machining holes,
brackets; cutting steel; aligning sensors; attaching Unistrut;
- Responsible for troubleshooting, calibration, set up, and tool
changes on Robotic arms.
- Responsible for continuous cleaning and adhering to 5S
- Other duties as assigned by leadership.
What You'll Need
- Associate degree and/or certification in electronics,
automotive, automation, manufacturing or equivalent work experience
- A minimum of 3 year s of experience with mechanical automation
systems or educational/training equivalent
- Manage and lead advanced troubleshooting skills and ability to
follow electro-mechanical diagrams.
- Must be able to operate and run Automated systems
- Experience with PLC (Programmable Logic Controller) knowledge
- Advanced troubleshooting skills and ability to follow
- P roficient in performing all Inspection functions.
- Ability to work independently of supervisor following
procedures and manuals
Other Important Information
- There will be steep stairs to climb into the structure.
- You will regularly be near railings that are high off the
- Subject to environmental conditions, protection from weather
conditions but not necessarily temperature changes. Must be capable
of working in temperatures ranging from 105 to 32 Fahrenheit.
- If the site location is in construction, you will be required
to wear proper PPE (hard hat, safety vest, steel toes, eyeglasses,
ear protection, fall protection (e.g., safety harness ).
- Frequent ability to safely and efficiently lift items weighing
up to 50lbs and move items weighing up to 80lbs.
- Stand/walk for up to 10-12 hours and is frequently required to
walk and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee is routinely required to work at heights of up to
45 feet and within restrictive areas of 24 inches. to stand; climb
or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Must be capable of occasional and/or continuous feeling,
seeing, hearing, bending, twisting, stooping, pushing, pulling,
balancing, gripping, climbing, crawling, sitting, handling objects,
and repetitive movement using both hands and feet. Must comply with
all safety requirements and protocols, including without limitation
Lock out tag out safety protocols and fall protection safety
The base range for this position in Irvine, California is $29.00 -
$32.00 per hour; however, base pay offered may vary depending on
job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. The compensation
package includes medical, dental, vision, disability, 401K, PTO
and/or other benefits .
Symbotic is an automation technology leader reimagining the supply
chain with its end-to-end, AI-powered robotic and software
platform. Symbotic reinvents the warehouse as a strategic asset for
the world's largest retail, wholesale, and food & beverage
companies. Applying next-gen technology, high-density storage and
machine learning to solve today's complex distribution challenges,
Symbotic enables companies to move goods with unmatched speed,
agility, accuracy and efficiency. As the backbone of commerce the
Symbotic platform transforms the flow of goods and the economics of
supply chain for its customers. For more information, visit .
We are a community of innovators, collaborators and pioneers who
embrace our differences, because we know unique perspectives make
us stronger and smarter. Every perspective matters. We depend on
the collective voices of our employees, customers and community to
help guide us as we build a better place to work - for you and the
world. That's why we're proud to be an equal opportunity
We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry,
religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age,
citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity,
gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.
Keywords: Symbotic, Newport Beach , Automation Maintenance Technician II, Professions , Newport Beach, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!