Sales Producer - Employee Benefits
Company: Alera Group Orange County
Location: Newport Beach
Posted on: November 13, 2020
OverviewAlera Group Orange County is seeking a Sales Producer to
join their Employee Benefits team.
Are you looking to be part of a company where you have exciting
opportunities to learn, grow and make a positive impact?
Join a team where each employee is empowered to listen generously,
speak straight, collaborate, and build each other up through mutual
accountability and shared success?
If that is what you're looking for, this is your chance to be part
of an amazing organization!
Alera Group is an insurance and financial services firm built on a
unique model of collaboration. We believe that we are really good
individually but are even smarter and better together. With over 80
firms across the country and 2,000 teammates, we are dedicated to
working together to help clients solve complex problems around
employee benefits, property and casualty insurance, retirement
services and wealth management. We learn from each other,
challenges and support each other. For more information, please
As a Benefits Sales Producer, you will function as a key player in
generating new business opportunities by following a proven process
to win new business accounts. You will also receive new business
opportunities through many streams, including but not limited to
outbound marketing campaigns and regional events. A key focus will
be to partner and cross-sell with other Alera departments, such as
P&C, 401(k) and Wealth Management. You'll learn how to have the
right conversations and turn those conversations into closed
- Build a book of business comprised of local, regional or
state-wide clients with various funding methods or complex plan
designs or services that require a high level of experience and
- Active prospecting and lead generation (Email, Cold Calling,
Networking, Drops, Etc.)
- Meet company and personal metrics around business development
and new business sales.
- Cultivate and maintain executive level relationships with
- Responsible for overall client strategy and client
- Identify problems, summarize and develop strategic solutions
that incorporate the client's mission and vision.
- Educate and advise clients on innovative solutions available to
them in the marketplace.
- Keep informed and provide client support on current markets,
market trends, legislative requirements and industry
- Present client financials and analysis of marketing results.
(Financial Analyst Prepares)
- Give full attention to what clients are saying, taking time to
understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate,
and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Strict adherence to Company and regulatory privacy standards,
with a focus on the Health Insurance Portability and Accessibility
- Minimum 3-5 years of work experience in sales. Proven track
record of sales success.
- Must have or be willing to obtain an active life/health
insurance license in California
- Basic knowledge of employee welfare plans.
- Familiarity with common medical terminology.
- Strong rapport building skills.
- Exceptional verbal, and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability
to successfully interact at all company levels.
- Strong people and decision-making skills.
- Ability to adapt to change and develop new processes in a
fast-paced, ever-changing environment with enthusiasm.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite. Salesforce knowledge is a
- Ability to work independently and see initiatives or issues
through to completion.
- Must be comfortable dealing with all kinds of people and have a
desire to provide exceptional customer service.
Equal Opportunity EmploymentWe're an equal opportunity employer.
All applicants will be considered for employment without attention
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, veteran or disability status.
If you're a California resident, please read the California
Consumer Privacy Act prior to applying.
Keywords: Alera Group Orange County, Newport Beach , Sales Producer - Employee Benefits, Sales , Newport Beach, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!