Chain Sales Representative- Newport Beach/ Costa Mesa
Company: Wine Warehouse California
Location: Newport Beach
Posted on: April 2, 2021
Wine Warehouse is a multi-generational, family owned and
operated, wholesale distributor of fine wine, craft beer and
artisanal spirits for California. Wine Warehouse's unique brand and
category mix is a nationally recognized portfolio in the premium
beverage alcohol space. Our dedicated and knowledgeable employees
are uniquely qualified to deliver this exceptional portfolio to one
of the most sophisticated and demanding markets in the country.
Are you looking to grow a career in the beverage alcohol industry?
Do you possess fine wine, spirits and craft beer knowledge? Are you
a self-starter that enjoys being out of the office and interacting
with customers every day? As a Chain Sales Representative you will
be responsible for growing business in Chain accounts such as,
Albertsons, Bevmo, and CVS within a designated geographic area. You
will do so by cultivating relationships with customers in face to
face interactions, designing and directing educational sales
campaigns, and collaborating with company supplier partners to
achieve monthly sales objectives. Wine Warehouse is currently
seeking a Chain Sales Representative for the following area(s):
Newport Beach/ Costa Mesa (33R)
- Sales Representative is responsible for spending 100 % of his
or her work time selling company products and engaging in sales
related activities that are necessary prerequisites to making sales
of company products to local chain store decision makers.
- Sales Represen--tative is given each month a tracking package
with sales goals on all Wine Warehouse products for each designated
territory. Sales Represen--tative is responsible for achieving or
exceeding those sales goals.
- Sales Represen--tative is expected to make sales presentations
in all chain stores in the applicable territory. These sales
presentations are intended to persuade local store decision makers
to purchase company products including, but are not limited to
products that are monthly priorities on tracking, cold boxes and
- Selling and tracking all cold box placements. Makes regular
sales presentations of Wine Warehouse items including for superior
sales placements in all cold boxes in a designated territory.
- Maintaining the sales and distribution of old and new Wine
Warehouse products in every chain store in Sales Representative's
- Ordering DSD (Direct Store Delivery) product for all applicable
Wine Warehouse Accounts, including, but not limited to, beer, wine,
seasonal specialty items, discontinued and promotional items.
- Researching and analyzing the sales trends for each account by
chain; understanding the business strategies of each chain; and the
practices of each chain decision maker to persuade local chain
store decision makers to purchase company products.
- Displaying products sold by the Sales Representative to the
store in a specific designated location, for the purpose of
increasing product visibility and to promote more product sales and
re-orders from the Sales Representative.
- Investigating customer complaints or concerns on product
pricing, product availability or matters involving deliveries.
- Works with customers and the credit department to collect
current and past due invoices.
- Preparing and assisting in any and all supplier surveys or
ride-withs that are scheduled in any specific territory.
- Effectively using point-of-sale materials to enhance sales by
promoting products resulting in additional sales by the Sales
Representative to the local store decision maker(s). Sales
Representative is required to use and maintain all point-of-sale
materials supplied to them by each supplier.
- Ability to manage sales territory and sell company
- Four (4) year college degree or two (2) years demonstrated
sales experience, preferably of wines, beers and spirits
- Demonstrates a commitment to performing the job "the right way"
with a high level of attention to details and high personal
standards of performance
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
- Residing within a 10-15 mile radius of the territory is
- Traveling to company-scheduled meetings with a minimum travel
time of two (2) hours
- Computer literate - proficient in Microsoft office (Word and
Excel), with the ability to utilize company-provided communication
systems and devices
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and sales presentation
- Can work in the field in a sales territory with minimum
- Must possess valid unrestricted California Driver's
- Reliable transportation and good driving record is required
Employee must be able to walk, bend, reach, and lift, if necessary
50 pounds or more. The physical demands here are representative of
those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential job functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations
may be made to enable individuals with legally recognized
disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- Visiting accounts (8-10) daily to make sales, attempt to make
sales and engage in sales related activities that are necessary
prerequisites to making sales of the company products to local
chain store decision makes that requires driving and getting in and
out of the vehicle
- Must be able to walk, bend, reach, and lift 50 pounds or
- Building displays in store and cutting cases of product that
have been sold by Sales Representative to the store
- Repetitive bending, kneeling, stooping, and occasional climbing
- Re-stocking existing displays with new product sold by Sales
Representative and replenishing cold boxes from display product
sold by Sales Representative, which requires work above the
- Cutting paper boxes using paper cutter following the specific
- Must wear appropriate footwear that provides comfort and
support for driving, bending, stooping and climbing
- Annual base salary plus commission and incentives
- Auto reimbursement and cell phone allowance
- Benefits package includes medical, dental, and vision coverage,
401(k) matching, and paid vacation and holidays
Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: Wine Warehouse California, Newport Beach , Chain Sales Representative- Newport Beach/ Costa Mesa, Sales , Newport Beach, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!