Mgr Mortgage Loan Sales II
Company: Kinecta Federal Credit Union
Location: Newport Beach
Posted on: August 5, 2022
Job DescriptionGENERAL SUMMARY:The Mgr Mortgage Loan Sales
manages and coordinates mortgage loan sales efforts. The position
is also responsible for increasing loan growth and facilitates
successful mortgage sales needs. NATURE AND SCOPE OF POSITION:The
Mgr Mortgage Loan Sales works with a minimal amount of supervision
and direction and is authorized to take reasonable actions
necessary to carry out the assigned responsibilities of the
position, provided that such action is consistent with
cost-effective practices and is consistent with the policy and
procedures of Kinecta Federal Credit Union in general.SUPERVISORY
RESPONSIBILITIES:The position supervises and oversees the work of
- Sales Associate/Sales Associate Sr
- Mortgage Loan Consultant I & Lead
- Mortgage Loan Consultant II, Sr, and CTP LeadESSENTIAL DUTIES
- Manages employees, setting goals and objectives; trains,
motivates, mentors and disciplines staff; assesses performance and
makes salary recommendations.
- Assigns work to subordinate personnel, providing instruction
and answering questions; coordinates the scheduling and completion
of work by determining operational priorities and resolving
workload problems; reviews work for accuracy and completeness;
evaluates work techniques and methods for conformance to
- Analyzes pertinent financial and credit data and recommends
loan for approval or rejection.
- Implements department operating policies and procedures and
monitors for compliance.
- Manages the mortgage referral program.
- Counsels with and assists in the training and development of
- Receives loan applications form loan counselors and reviews
documents received to ensure all necessary forms have been
completed prior to starting loan packaging procedures.
- Supervises loan origination in assigned region assuring
compliance with all related laws and regulations.
- Provides on-the-job training to new employees; explains methods
- Establishes and maintains open communication with Hub
- Actively participates in the local real estate community by
attending real estate board sponsored events and functions.
- Conducts presentations at real estate office sales meetings,
home-buyers' seminars, and financing workshops.
- Keeps informed of trends and developments in the local real
estate market, as well as changing rules and regulations pertaining
to both portfolio and investor mortgages.
- Assists with special projects as assigned.
- Performs with special projects as assigned.NON-ESSENTIAL DUTIES
AND RESPONSIBILITIES:Performs other duties including special
projects as assigned. MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONSKnowledge, Skills and
- Knowledge of mortgage loan processing and sales.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Internet.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Good communication skills both written and orally.
- Ability to interact with staff, members, and others
- Ability to learn and apply new information or skills.
- Ability to perform highly detailed work on multiple, concurrent
- Ability to work under intensive deadlines.
- Ability to analyze pertinent financial and credit data.
Education, Training and Experience:Potential candidates for this
position must meet the following requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Finance or
- Three to five years' experience managing the mortgage loan
sales. Previous related experience in a financial institution
- Knowledge of FNMA and FHLMC service guidelines preferred.
- This position requires compliance with Secure and Fair
Enforcement for Mortgage Licensing Act of 2008 (SAFE Act) and all
related regulations. At the time of employment, candidate must
provide NMLS ID number (SAFE Act registration), grant Kinecta
institution access and meet Kinecta's standard background check
requirements.One year of relevant professional-level work
experience may be substituted for one year of required education.
- The working environment is generally favorable. Lighting and
temperature are adequate, and there are no hazardous or unpleasant
conditions caused by noise, dust, etc.
- The job may require flexibility with regards to scheduling
days, hours, and work location, depending on business needs.
- The job is typically sedentary but may require standing and
walking up to 35% of the work time to transfer files, ask
questions, and related activities. PHYSICAL ABILITIES, MENTAL
DEMANDS, AND WORK ENVIRONMENTMust be able to exercise sound
judgment, effectively plan and be well organized, have excellent
oral and written communications skills, work well under changing
timelines, take the initiative and be flexible and cooperative.
Accuracy, timeliness and maintaining confidentiality related to
member, employee information and company records is required. While
performing the job duties of this position, the employee is
regularly required to sit; talk or hear in person and by telephone;
use hands to operate standard office equipment; reach with hands
and arms; lift minimum 10 lbs. The employee is frequently required
to walk and stand. Vision abilities required by this job include
close vision and the ability to adjust focus to read and operate
office equipment, as necessary. The employee works under typical
office conditions and noise levels. Disclaimer:The above
information on this description has been designed to indicate the
general nature and level of work performed by employees within this
classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as
a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and
qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Keywords: Kinecta Federal Credit Union, Newport Beach , Mgr Mortgage Loan Sales II, Sales , Newport Beach, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!